B&B releases new coffeetable book

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Got the book yesterday. What a let down or least I expected sth. different.

The book is more a scrapbook than anything else: it's pictures only and not very organized at that. The captions, if any, are lame/non-informing. My main grind is that everything looks hastly thrown together without anyone involved having the slightest clue about editing/writing a book. Some pictures are very nice but they didn't even include the whole vanity fair photospread. WTF!? So much wasted potential...

...they finally had a large publishing house and the format is very best coffeetable style.

Compared to the 10th anniversary book and even moreso the 20th anniversary which was a labor of love and definitely took years to edit together, this new book doesn't hold a candle. For the price on Amazon.com it's ok (24$) - suggested retail price is much higher and not worth it.

• Members

wow, that's pricey. I remember paying ca. 60 $ though 'cause they charged 20 bucks for shipping on B&B's official site. They later went on to sell it on CBS.com minus shipping fees. So take a look there, or eBay (d'oh!). That's where I got the first book in mint condition for 1,95 $ plus shipping...

EDIT: Take a look here; shipping's gonna be high but the book itself is cheap...

http://www.basementbooks.com.au/products/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-20th-anniversary.do

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I couldn't find the thread where we discussed the B&B DVD box sets, so I post this here:

There are no official release dates yet but the company releasing the show in Germany will continue to do and by Fall 2013 the entire first season (Episode 1-250) of B&B will be available. In region 2, but in English/German audio. Right now 7 box sets can be puchased, with (at least) three more to follow... The first 4 boxes are currently discounted on Amazon... :-)

Archived