B&B releases new coffeetable book

• Members

In Germany, there have been 5 box sets so far inlucing episodes 1-125 and 2 further stes of 25 episodes each are aboudn to be realed in the next 6 months.

As for the book; I think it covers mostly photos and stuff from 2007-2012.

Keep in mind that B&B has relaesed books for its 10th bday (text heavy) and one for its 20 th anniversary which was fantastic.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the correction... I didn't know sets 4 and 5 had been realeased until I went to the German Amazon site; you can find sets 1-3 on the US Amazon, which is what I was going by.

It's curious that the US DVDs have less episodes than their overseas counterparts. The Australian version of "Most Shocking Moments" had 25 episodes while the US version only had 15, and now "How It All Began" has 16 in US vs. 25 in the German version. Wonder why...

More like 2009-2012, with the most emphasis on last couple of years - which surprised me that there is nothing from Storm's suicide story (2008), which won B&B its first Emmy.

Out of about 220 pages, the first 140 or so are heavy on stories from the last couple of years; Aspen, Cabo, 2011 Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, the Brooke/Oliver incident, the berry story, the homeless and foster care stories. They also have a section on the story of Ann's death. That's why I was surprised about no Storm suicide, or of the Emmy wins themselves even.

The next 30 pages are behind the scenes stuff... wardrobe, sets, control room, etc. The photos are recent, but that's not really a bad thing for something general like this. The last 50 or so pages are all old stuff.

Overall, it's a nice companion to the other two books, and the only real omissions I saw were the Storm suicide (especially since that's played into recent events) and some kind of piece, even a few pages, on B&B's 3-peat with Emmys for best show in 2009-2011.

• Members

Right... on the main credits page, David is listed as editor with Adrian Aviles as "creative director." The latter name doesn't sound familiar, but the credit in the back of the dust jacket lists him as a media professional who develops ad and promotional campaigns for various entertainment clients including B&B, so I wonder if he works for PAID Inc, the company B&B hired in 2009 to manage their media presence. There's a more extensive credit page with the ISBN number and other legal stuff that lists Text and Photo Editing as both being done by David... guessing that David was responsible for content while Aviles handled the design portions.

• Members

Your hubby must be really working hard to get the money for it since you seem to have a big list.....hehe

I just ordered it...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...can't wait to get it!

It is doing real well in sales on Amazon.

• Members

Eeeeeeee...mine came in today!! Watching episode 1 and wow...nice to see Clayton Norcross again....original Katie...Rocco...lol....Margo....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I do have to say that SoapClassics does their releases better. The picture quality is better on their releases.

And EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the original opening....

And the Logan house...when they were poor...lol....looks like the What's Happening house....LOL

Archived