Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

B&B releases new coffeetable book

Plus: DVD release on Amazon

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 sheilaforever

sheilaforever

Being Restless

• Members
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Has anyone bought the new B&B book, yet?
Posted Image
http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_cp_mov_1

I ordered mine last week and can't wait to get it...

And per SOD/CBS twitter: B&B will release it's very first 16 (Huh?) episodes on DVD via Amazon on demand beginning Monday!

#2 skiman12082004

skiman12082004

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

I bought it but it hasn't been delivered yet. I can't wait for it to arrive and first thing Monday morning I will be buying the new B&B DVD!

#3 YRBB

YRBB

That's Head Bitch Jill Foster Abbott to you!

• Members
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

That's an awesome cover! I think I'll be getting this.

And I'm glad they're finally starting to release episodes! If they keep this up, I'll probably start getting them.

#4 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 39,916 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Steffy front and center like the diva that she is!

Posted Image

Edited by Cheap21, 03 November 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#5 soapfave06

soapfave06

Contract

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

That cover is amazing! I can't believe its the first time I've seen it. They should use it on the show instead of those bad shots they usually do. I'll wait to hear some feedback on the book before getting it though.

#6 JellicleCat

JellicleCat

Recurring

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

The cover looks good, but if the book is about the first 25 years of B&B, then Hope, Steffy and Liam shouldn't be on the cover. They've been on for just 2-3 years. At the very least Taylor should have been on the cover with Ridge and Brooke. That triangle drove this show for years.

Edited by JellicleCat, 03 November 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#7 SFK

SFK

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,944 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Isn't that cover photo from the Italian Vogue photo spread? Or perhaps some other magazine... I seem to remember Cheap posting them months back.

#8 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 39,916 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

It was Vanity Fair

Posted Image

If it wasnt the set we have, the next group would have been Caroline, Bill, Katie, Rick, Stephanie, Eric and Amber for the cover

Edited by Cheap21, 03 November 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#9 skiman12082004

skiman12082004

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Cheap that is an awesome picture of the cast. Thanks for posting :-)

#10 YRBB

YRBB

That's Head Bitch Jill Foster Abbott to you!

• Members
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

That is a fantastically amazing picture. I have to wonder, why the hell can't the actual shows do this for themselves?

I can only hope that the book has one of those flap thingies that includes the rest of the picture and can see once you open it.

#11 boldfan01

boldfan01

Recurring

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

I can only hope that the book has one of those flap thingies that includes the rest of the picture and can see once you open it.

It does... I just got mine from Amazon last night.

I think that Vanity Fair photo might also be their official cast photo for the year; I know I've seen some of the actors/characters in solo (Caroline) or group (Marcus and Dayzee) shots in those same outfits, which they also used to do with the cast photo shoots over the years. Maybe that would explain the placement of characters, since the ones toward the left have been more front burner for the most part (at least until Ronn Moss left)?

A lot of nice photos, but it seems to skew more towards newer stuff... over half of the book is stuff from the last few years. There are some nice gems as you go to the back, but I would have preferred a broader mix and more old stuff.

#12 boldfan01

boldfan01

Recurring

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

And per SOD/CBS twitter: B&B will release it's very first 16 (Huh?) episodes on DVD via Amazon on demand beginning Monday!

Will have to check those out. I have the first episode on one of the Australian DVD collections, and a really fuzzy episode two from YouTube a few years back. Hopefully they keep going if the first 16 do well, like the German collections (which I think covered the first 50 or 75 episodes in volumes of 25 shows each so far).

Edited by boldfan01, 03 November 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#13 alexisfan07

alexisfan07

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,409 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

It does... I just got mine from Amazon last night.

So it folds out into three covers from the front one? Interesting. You can see it's all photoshopped together, they've moved the people not on the cover "over" to the right so there is no overlap in the actors on the front (there is no one behind Scott Clifton on the book cover).

#14 boldfan01

boldfan01

Recurring

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

So it folds out into three covers from the front one? Interesting. You can see it's all photoshopped together, they've moved the people not on the cover "over" to the right so there is no overlap in the actors on the front (there is no one behind Scott Clifton on the book cover).

There are actually two covers... one is a dust jacket over the hard cover. The hard cover is just the image at the top (Moss, KKL, Jacqui Mac, Kim and Scott), while the dust jacket is the one that folds. And yes, you're right about the Photoshopping, since Lindsey is not behind Scott on the book version where she is in the Vanity Fair Pic - something I didn't notice until you mentioned it.

#15 SFK

SFK

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,944 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

It amazes me how a U.S. soap gets such love and props in a foreign country. That cover is right up there with the Hollywood lady legends cover from about ten years back:

Posted Image

#16 sheilaforever

sheilaforever

Being Restless

• Members
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

In Germany, there have been 5 box sets so far inlucing episodes 1-125 and 2 further stes of 25 episodes each are aboudn to be realed in the next 6 months.

As for the book; I think it covers mostly photos and stuff from 2007-2012.
Keep in mind that B&B has relaesed books for its 10th bday (text heavy) and one for its 20 th anniversary which was fantastic.

#17 boldfan01

boldfan01

Recurring

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

In Germany, there have been 5 box sets so far inlucing episodes 1-125 and 2 further stes of 25 episodes each are aboudn to be realed in the next 6 months.

Thanks for the correction... I didn't know sets 4 and 5 had been realeased until I went to the German Amazon site; you can find sets 1-3 on the US Amazon, which is what I was going by.

It's curious that the US DVDs have less episodes than their overseas counterparts. The Australian version of "Most Shocking Moments" had 25 episodes while the US version only had 15, and now "How It All Began" has 16 in US vs. 25 in the German version. Wonder why...

As for the book; I think it covers mostly photos and stuff from 2007-2012.
Keep in mind that B&B has relaesed books for its 10th bday (text heavy) and one for its 20 th anniversary which was fantastic.

More like 2009-2012, with the most emphasis on last couple of years - which surprised me that there is nothing from Storm's suicide story (2008), which won B&B its first Emmy.

Out of about 220 pages, the first 140 or so are heavy on stories from the last couple of years; Aspen, Cabo, 2011 Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, the Brooke/Oliver incident, the berry story, the homeless and foster care stories. They also have a section on the story of Ann's death. That's why I was surprised about no Storm suicide, or of the Emmy wins themselves even.

The next 30 pages are behind the scenes stuff... wardrobe, sets, control room, etc. The photos are recent, but that's not really a bad thing for something general like this. The last 50 or so pages are all old stuff.

Overall, it's a nice companion to the other two books, and the only real omissions I saw were the Storm suicide (especially since that's played into recent events) and some kind of piece, even a few pages, on B&B's 3-peat with Emmys for best show in 2009-2011.

#18 sheilaforever

sheilaforever

Being Restless

• Members
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

thx for the intel!

The book was compiled by David Gregg - longtime B&B publicist - this time around, correct?

#19 boldfan01

boldfan01

Recurring

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

thx for the intel!

The book was compiled by David Gregg - longtime B&B publicist - this time around, correct?

Right... on the main credits page, David is listed as editor with Adrian Aviles as "creative director." The latter name doesn't sound familiar, but the credit in the back of the dust jacket lists him as a media professional who develops ad and promotional campaigns for various entertainment clients including B&B, so I wonder if he works for PAID Inc, the company B&B hired in 2009 to manage their media presence. There's a more extensive credit page with the ISBN number and other legal stuff that lists Text and Photo Editing as both being done by David... guessing that David was responsible for content while Aviles handled the design portions.

#20 AMCHistory

AMCHistory

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Here is a larger copy of the cast photo. I wish I could find a copy sans captions.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users