Girl Meets World - (Boy meets World spinoff)

Cheap21

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's a cute idea, and if done right won't be a huge bomb. I do think it should on ABC though. Reboots/Continuations seem to end up crappy when it airs on a different network than the original (i.e. Melrose 2.0)

This idea is very Leave It to Beaver: The New Generation, or whatever it was called back in the 80's.

I never watched BMW in their later years with the Amazon woman who was Jessica Forrester from The Bold & the Beautfiful, but I do remember that Matthew Lawrence grew up to be a FINE ass man!

• Members

Question: This Boy Meets World sequel series is all I have been able to think about since Friday. Anything else you can tell us about it? -Amanda

Ausiello: I’m going to call this Amanda Meets Scoop: Cory and Topanga’s Girl Meets World kiddo is a 13-year-old named Riley who’s full of life, super positive and very loyal to her friends. She’s got a slightly older brother, Elliot, and – this may make fans very happy– her dad is her history teacher. Yup: The Feen-ee has become the Feeny! The show also is casting Riley’s best friend, a dark, edgy, acerbic girl named Maya who’s probably not as pessimistic as she seems.

Read More at: http://tvline.com/20...mpaign=referral

• Members

I am actually excited about this. I loved Boy meets World. The ages of those kids are a stretch, but I totally see Cory as a teacher following in Mr. Feeney's footsteps. His influence on Cory was very strong. I wonder what Topanga does? I hope we get to see William Russ and William Daniels also.

• Members

I hope they make Cory likeable again because I couldn't stand him in the last two seasons. It got unbearable when he married Topanga and they started having adult issues. He became a self entitled douche and overall the show ceased being funny. However I remember the series fondly. I adore the characters and I wouldn't mind seeing Shawn and Angela again. Yeah, they broke up but the fan in me wonders if they ever found their way back to each other after he let her go so she could be with her father. A few guest appearances would be nice.

• Members

Well if its on Disney Channel, I highly doubt it will be as dramatic as the final seasons of BMW.

I remember hating Cory when he got mad at Topanga for not wanting to spend Valentines Day with him while his mother was in the hospital having trouble with his baby brother.

Archived