DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Fair enough. Daniel's such a waste, and it is a shame that if she was going to share the spotlight with someone in this story he was chosen. Ironically, I think GT & CW gave the whole climax to Nicole on Thurs. and Fri., which was totally counter to whatever interest they were trying to drum up with Daniel & Jenn Round II.

Thanks so much, that's so nice of you!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She definitely works better as a sympathetic antagonist. It was unnerving for me to watch her in the 'partners in crime' role with EJ when DRT & MMcP started, just because of their sordid history. But they really displayed they didn't 'get' Nicole when they made her a heroine with a victim complex--she lost a lot of her A-list relevance when they were writing and it was so misconceived.

Once GT & CW came aboard, it was like Nicole instantly reclaimed her 'it status' and was back to her old self being a bitch and mixing it up with everyone again. Apart from her unfortunate obsession with Daniel, it looks like this regime really knows how to write for her.

However, I'm still pulling for Brady & Nicole!!! But I'm looking forward to Eric's return, with one of my fav. soap actors (but I would prefer GV back at GH as Lucky!).

• Administrator

This show is so boring. Camp it up Tomlin/Whitesell!!!! And there's no build up to anything. What is there to anticipate that can be revealed in February, or May, or whenever? Nothing. T&W are three months in, and there's no long term plans, there's nothing to look forward to in the future.

• Members

IA. There's no "It Story," like there had been with the baby switch. Now, you could argue they're just setting up how they want this show to "look" or "feel." However, if you ask me, you could do that and give the viewers a potboiler simultaneously. You just have to look at which story (or "story") has the most "heat" and then keep adding fuel to it.

• Members

I'm glad for Eric's return. Much needed and with an appealing actor. Finally.

I don't mind Rafe anymore but really, what's his purpose going to be? Zzzz. They should have kept Carrie and moved Austin in another direction. Both characters are still vital if written right. MarDar tried with them.

I also think Mike has long needed to be on the canvas. Same for Laura and Bill. Bill has connections and John Martin was well-received. Laura now has Kristen/Kate/Marlena all on the canvas to interact with. Jennifer and Abby are on and Laura was very close and protective of them. Laura's absence is actually becoming glaring.

• Members

I love it, too, to the extent that DAYS has a warm, community feel again, and the ongoing "stories" are weighted more in character and less in camp. But would it kill this team to give us just one juicy "water-cooler story" that isn't over before it really begins?

• Members

While i sppreciate the attempt at clean up and ending stories from the previous regeme, it has taken far too long to really get their own stuff going and being a good soap. I do agree about what you said, totally. I do think they thought the Nic/Jen story was the big soapy, dramatic story and it was in terms of on paper - Nicole loses her child, Jen has set herself up to be believed as someone who could push nicole down stairs, nicole uses this to lie and set her up, dan saves jen by giving his life up to nicole. the problem is it fell flat and a majority of people hated it and it happened too soon after jack and was just thrown together.

I am very much interested in where the Kristen story and the Gabi story are going. I am hopeful they will bring the drama, the juice that is missing.

• Members

The really strong part of the show is that Salem is a community again. But I think Kristians return has been lackluster and I'm sorry I like Nick and I'm just disappointed to see how they have decided to use him. I am glad that the younger set is getting some significant story but not excited about another pregnancy storyline.I feel like they are trying to create Pine Valley but they don't have the types of characters and charm and quirkiness on this show to be able to do it.

I do think they've done a decent job with characters like Brady who kind of needed to be back burned, but they've actually used him pretty well in a supporting role. Nicole's writing is significantly better. Sami the heroine and the woman all men chase doesn't work for me. I wish they'd dump Daniel and EJ is just blah to me these days but then in some ways the character doesn't work for me anymore.

Archived