Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1644 replies to this topic

#1 Marco Dane

Marco Dane

Llanview's best PIMP!

• Members
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

General Hospital

NOVEMBER 2012

Posted Image

Edited by Scotty Baldwin, 31 October 2012 - 01:42 AM.

#2 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,107 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

Posted Image Very nice, Scotty Baldwin!! Posted Image

#3 SFK

SFK

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,570 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

Scotty, that is very nice. Nice and early.Posted Image

#4 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Do you think they will use flashbacks of the other Edward's too or no?

#5 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 38,458 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Do you think they will use flashbacks of the other Edward's too or no?

No and there shouldnt be IMO. I think this is more about a tribute to JI, who just died and the focus should be on him and his work on the show. He's been here long enough to have plenty of flashbacks over the last 2 decades to highlight

Edited by Cheap21, 31 October 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#6 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

No and there shouldnt be IMO. I think this is more about a tribute to JI, who just died and the focus should be on him and his work on the show. He's been here long enough to have plenty of flashbacks over the last 2 decades to highlight

But the character is also dying. If they are celebrating Edward Quartermaine they should at least include a couple of flashbacks of Edward pre the 90s.

#7 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Fabulous (and I'm so willing to ignore NP in the photo with JI)!

RIP John!!!!!

#8 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,606 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

JI Posted Image I read his ashes were scattered today Posted Image

I like the Todd and Luke scenes, Damn you RC for bringing back my Luke love.

Lante Posted Image

I love AJ and Monica reminiscing

Edited by dragonflies, 31 October 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#9 carolineg

carolineg

Recurring

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

But the character is also dying. If they are celebrating Edward Quartermaine they should at least include a couple of flashbacks of Edward pre the 90s.

I hope they give a fitting tribute to both JI and the character, so I think pre-90s Edward clips should be used. Honestly would any of the viewing audience really care? They have to show Tracy withholding Edward's pills at least.

#10 Cyberologist

Cyberologist

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

JI Posted Image I read his ashes were scattered today Posted Image Posted Image

I love AJ and Monica reminiscing

Me too
A very nice tribute to JI; Its refreshing seeing Monica supportive of AJ she's telling it like it is re: his blunders /flaws but at least she's not just oohing and aahing over Jason. I'm hoping the writing holds for AJ

#11 chicklitsandfantasies

chicklitsandfantasies

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

I hope they give a fitting tribute to both JI and the character, so I think pre-90s Edward clips should be used. Honestly would any of the viewing audience really care? They have to show Tracy withholding Edward's pills at least.

Yeah they can't leave that clip out and also include Lila's death. She was the love of his life.

That Edward banner needs more of his family. No pictures of Edward and AJ, Emily, Jason, Maya or Michael?

#12 partyperson25

partyperson25

"I want my Tracy back..."

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Love the collage! What date is the episode the picture on the bottom third from? Halloween started off good!

#13 SFK

SFK

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,570 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

That's tricky.

FV/RC aren't ones to shy away from schticky stuff like having Tracy comment on how daddy looked different back then, but... Maybe they'd do the thing where Tracy hears the audio in her head with just a close up of her face, not actually showing the scene. At any rate, I'm sure she'll get at least a throwaway line about withholding his medication as she stands over the casket saying goodbye, or something.

#14 Antoyne

Antoyne

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,119 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

When Lila died, they showed footage of John and David both as Edward in flashbacks.

#15 MrQuartermaine

MrQuartermaine

Contract

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

When Lila died, they showed footage of John and David both as Edward in flashbacks.

Yes, but that was a tribute to Anna. Using clips of David or Jed would overshadow the fact that this is a tribute to John. Sure, Edward's being killed off, but not because the writers decided to kill him off. John Ingle died and for nearly the last 20 years, he's been Edward. It would be disrespectful to John's family to show clips of David Lewis during a tribute to John.

Edited by MrQuartermaine, 01 November 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#16 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 38,458 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yes, but that was a tribute to Anna. Using clips of David or Jed would overshadow the fact that this is a tribute to John. Sure, Edward's being killed off, but not because the writers decided to kill him off. John Ingle died and for nearly the last 20 years, he's been Edward. It would be disrespectful to John's family to show clips of David Lewis during a tribute to John.

agreed. Also with Lila, JA had only been on the show a short time and there wasn't much to pull from for him. Can't even recall if they interacted. JI was Ed for nearly 20 years and there's plenty to pull from to showcase him with the various important people in his life

#17 MrQuartermaine

MrQuartermaine

Contract

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

agreed. Also with Lila, JA had only been on the show a short time and there wasn't much to pull from for him. Can't even recall if they interacted. JI was Ed for nearly 20 years and there's plenty to pull from to showcase him with the various important people in his life

Correct. Jed & Anna never shared a scene together. She made her last appearance in May 2003, while Jed didn't take over as Edward until March 2004.

#18 chicklitsandfantasies

chicklitsandfantasies

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

It's a tribute to Edward though. JI's a real person, Edward is a character and if it's Edward's funeral they should be pulling at least one or two clips from his early years on the show. I'm sure JI's family would understand and not be offended. They know he took over the role from someone else.

#19 carolineg

carolineg

Recurring

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

I assumed it was a tribute to both the character and the actor. Since it is the character passing as well and he not the only actor to play Edward like Anna Lee to Lila, I wouldn't find it offensive to give tribute to both late actors DL and JI (I don't think JA is necessary for this tribute, as they could pull other clips from Lila's death and make it complete). I think it would be nice to give DL a tribute as well, although I assume it would be mostly JI clips and I am fine with that, but there are Edward clips that involve DL that a very important to Edward's story that should be included.
Although if it is a tribute to JI solely then I guess it would be in bad taste to show clips of other actors. However, I think GH could and should make it a tribute to the wonderful actor and the wonderful character. I think it would also be beneficial to newer viewers to see the impact Edward has had on the canvas over the years.

#20 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 52,527 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

I think some moments with David Lewis would be respectful, although I don't think it will happen. There's more chance with "Cartini" than with Guza/JFP, as they paid tribute to Clint Ritchie when he passed away, even though Clint had been recast 4-5 years before Ritchie's passing. But since Ingle is the Edward many current viewers may remember most, I think that's who we will see.

Nothing against Jed Allan, who was very good on DAYS and SB, but I would rather forget he ever played Edward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users