Who else thinks Susan Flannery is going to "come out" now.

• Members

I mean i beleive Susan's a lesbian and i'm willing to bet that now that she's retired from B&B, she's going to come out. there have been so many signs. Although if she's kept her privacy all these years, maybe she won't but i have a feeling she will come out. Maybe she's been in a long comited relationship for many years now...with a woman.

Sorry if this topic offends anybody because i don't mean it offensive. I just mean i'm about 90% convinced she is and i really hope she becomes one of those celebrities that does come out. There have been many celebrities but not many people in the soap world. Or at least who are still working on a soap to come out. Probably because soaps are about love and they can't have their leading man/woman to have a different personal lifestyle.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do, yes.

It's a rote move IMO. They always do it when they're over these days. I love her, I think she's a gem but I wish one of these people in daytime would do it when they're still a hot property and in the game.

• Members

Assuming she is a lesbian, I hope she does come out if that's what SHE wants. IMO, anytime somebody gets to finally stop keeping who they really are a secret it's a good thing. I agree with Gray Bunny that as far as making a "statement" it would be tremendously effective if Geary came out but that's not his responsibility.

• Members

I don't think Susan is going to come out. She likely could have in recent years without any real career repercussions. Brad Bell clearly had no problem with Joanna Johnson coming out. Unless you are on a very conservative show or you are playing in romantic stories - Flannery wasn't in that position. In recent years she's probably been able to do whatever she wanted on the show.

Any time someone famous comes out, the reaction is usually, "Why do you need to tell us? Who cares?" or, "Is that supposed to be a shock? I knew all along!" It's generally a jeering response. Unless she has some personal reason to tell her story, then I doubt she will.

Archived