Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Who else thinks Susan Flannery is going to "come out" now.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 BKuzak

BKuzak

Contract

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

I mean i beleive Susan's a lesbian and i'm willing to bet that now that she's retired from B&B, she's going to come out. there have been so many signs. Although if she's kept her privacy all these years, maybe she won't but i have a feeling she will come out. Maybe she's been in a long comited relationship for many years now...with a woman.

Sorry if this topic offends anybody because i don't mean it offensive. I just mean i'm about 90% convinced she is and i really hope she becomes one of those celebrities that does come out. There have been many celebrities but not many people in the soap world. Or at least who are still working on a soap to come out. Probably because soaps are about love and they can't have their leading man/woman to have a different personal lifestyle.

#2 yr9190

yr9190

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

The speculation has been going on for years, but at this point i don't think it really matters if she does decide to come out or not.

She's an amazing actress and woman none the less.

#3 Vee

Vee

A Chinchilla Of Doubt

• Members
  • 11,551 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

I do, yes.

It's a rote move IMO. They always do it when they're over these days. I love her, I think she's a gem but I wish one of these people in daytime would do it when they're still a hot property and in the game.

#4 KMan101

KMan101

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,291 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

I wouldn't be surprised. Doesn't matter to me but I could see it happening. I know the woman's worked for so long but that was one of my first thoughts when she finally decided to retire.

#5 Gray Bunny

Gray Bunny

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I do, yes.

It's a rote move IMO. They always do it when they're over these days. I love her, I think she's a gem but I wish one of these people in daytime would do it when they're still a hot property and in the game.

The ball is in your court, Christian LeBlanc :)

#6 SFK

SFK

Just your average hot damn bam bam baby sex scorcher icon.

• Members
  • 18,088 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Actually, the ball is in his... nevermind.

#7 Gray Bunny

Gray Bunny

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Actually, it'd be more ballsy (no pun intended, ha) for Tony Geary to do this while GH is still on.

#8 Pine Charles

Pine Charles

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Actually, the ball is in his... nevermind.

Oh, my.

#9 gtru1981

gtru1981

Contract

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

i always thought she
did come out

#10 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,539 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

This is one of those Rosie O'Donnell and Ellen Degeneres things. When they came out, you have to laugh your ass off because when were they IN?

Susan possibly coming out would not shock anyone! She doesn't even look like she wants to be a woman anymore.

#11 JellicleCat

JellicleCat

Recurring

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

This is one of those Rosie O'Donnell and Ellen Degeneres things. When they came out, you have to laugh your ass off because when were they IN?

Susan possibly coming out would not shock anyone! She doesn't even look like she wants to be a woman anymore.

What's that supposed to mean? Short hair and pantsuits = not a woman?

I don't think you meant it that way (at least I sincerely hope not), but it did come out (no pun intended) all wrong.

#12 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,341 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

What's that supposed to mean? Short hair and pantsuits = not a woman?

actually sounds like some are using that to say that automatically makes her a lesbian. Has there been a hint of her being gay at all, also why does it matter, if she comes out, she does, if she doesn't, then I respect her either way

Edited by dragonflies, 29 October 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#13 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 9,191 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Assuming she is a lesbian, I hope she does come out if that's what SHE wants. IMO, anytime somebody gets to finally stop keeping who they really are a secret it's a good thing. I agree with Gray Bunny that as far as making a "statement" it would be tremendously effective if Geary came out but that's not his responsibility.

#14 MrQuartermaine

MrQuartermaine

Contract

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

At Susan's age, she'll probably be like James Mitchell. It was no secret that he was gay, but it was never published until after he died.

#15 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,766 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

I don't think Susan is going to come out. She likely could have in recent years without any real career repercussions. Brad Bell clearly had no problem with Joanna Johnson coming out. Unless you are on a very conservative show or you are playing in romantic stories - Flannery wasn't in that position. In recent years she's probably been able to do whatever she wanted on the show.

Any time someone famous comes out, the reaction is usually, "Why do you need to tell us? Who cares?" or, "Is that supposed to be a shock? I knew all along!" It's generally a jeering response. Unless she has some personal reason to tell her story, then I doubt she will.

#16 BKuzak

BKuzak

Contract

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

At Susan's age, she'll probably be like James Mitchell. It was no secret that he was gay, but it was never published until after he died.

Actually i was a little suprised about him. then of course looking back i saw signs but while he was on, i never suspected. I know he was a tapdancer but all actors usually are taught in school to sing and dance.

Has there been a hint of her being gay at all.

Well besides her "new" look, i don't beleive she's ever been married. I've seen old articles on her and she called "happily single" even way back in the early 1970's when she was on Days. She's adopted a daughter. One of the articles said she fixes her own car. and even on the show, she's not very sexual anymore with John Mccock. Seperatly they mean nothing but put it all together and .......draw your own conclusions.

For the record, i like her and her character. Actually many times in the past (when she had the short blonde hair) her character has reminded me of the way Erika Slezak played Viki. Even sometimes the way she dressed, did her hair and manniserims. Because she didn't watch either regularly, my mother even got them confused once when she turned on B&B and saw Stephanie talking to someone.

#17 soapsnstuds

soapsnstuds

Recurring

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

I agree. I am a young gay male. My favorite actress ever is Jodie Foster and I get so worked up while I am watching LOGO and see that they are proclaiming Jodie Foster to be "Out," be she isn't. As for Susan, I have never watched her show. I don't think she will come out. I want the young guys whom my Gaydar doesn't come out ... to actually come out.

#18 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 9,191 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Any time someone famous comes out, the reaction is usually, "Why do you need to tell us? Who cares?" or, "Is that supposed to be a shock? I knew all along!" It's generally a jeering response. Unless she has some personal reason to tell her story, then I doubt she will.

Those are the responses of homophobes.Those people don't deserve to set the discussion. (I know you understand that. I'm just going on record. Posted Image )

I was thrilled Maureen Garrett came out and if Susan is considering it, I hope she'll do the same.

#19 soapsnstuds

soapsnstuds

Recurring

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Now when MICHELLE STAFFORD finally comes out, that will be HUGE.

#20 BoldBeauty

BoldBeauty

Recurring

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

I don't think so.

Besides, why is it important for people to state their sexual preferences? It's not like straight people have to "come out" to say they are straight. Gay and bisexuals shouldn't have to either. It ought to be so acceptable and normal these days that no one should have to make any statement about it.

But of course there are still many issues surrounding it, so it is a good thing when people, esp celebrities, are open about it as they are paving the way for a more accepting society. The people who came out before the 90s are the real heroes who paved this way. There is a brilliant miniseries in Sweden called "Never dry your tears without gloves" (Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar) by Jonas Gardell that is about coming out in the 80s. How difficult it was then and how they really paved the way for how things are today.

There are so many gay and bisexual people in Hollywood that it shouldn't surprise anyone if they would just all come out. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users