K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

iKON's growing on me too but really for the three members Ive mentioned. I cant get into the other 4.

2PM's upcoming comeback is bittersweet. Its reported it'll be their last before members start getting enlisted :(

Looking forward to 4Minute as the last rumor was fall and that didnt pan out

Have you listened to SHINee's album? Im really digging it. Wishful Thinking is probably my favorite song

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bless this kpop thread. :( It has been so long. I missed you!

Please register in order to view this content

4minute released HATE yesterday. It's not as good as Crazy but... I like it? The main beat is kind of farty but catchy.

90s hep-hap alert!

tumblr_o1uogzU0Zr1s2jolxo1_400.gif tumblr_o1uogzU0Zr1s2jolxo2_400.gif

tumblr_o1uogzU0Zr1s2jolxo5_400.gif tumblr_o1uogzU0Zr1s2jolxo4_400.gif 

tumblr_o1vgg6IFyB1u964tfo1_540.gif

Jihyun wow. Looks so good with blonde hair and blue contacts!

tumblr_o1upy7dP131qcwii5o6_250.gif tumblr_o1upy7dP131qcwii5o5_250.gif 

They all looked good actually:

tumblr_o1vgg6IFyB1u964tfo3_540.gif

tumblr_o1uty2rvRZ1rj87dao2_400.gif tumblr_o1uty2rvRZ1rj87dao7_400.gif 

tumblr_o1uvustpXX1sf3dz1o1_400.gif tumblr_o1uvustpXX1sf3dz1o5_400.gif

tumblr_o1uqe5H0Dt1u15u9ho1_540.gif

• Members

YES! The entire mini is hot especially Blind. i really wish Cube would give them a full album instead of all these minis bc they are very talented and earned it

WINNER

tumblr_o1uk6lRPYm1uaapd1o6_r1_540.jpg

They are finally back with not one, not two, but three singles! Well one is a solo. Looks like their latest release EXIT, will follow the BIGBANG MADE strategy of monthly mini releases. Im not really feeling E, but it'll grow on me

iKON

They released a Japanese version of Welcome Back and it has quite a few different songs from the Korean album. I really like this song. Dare I say the Japanese album is better?

• Members

Cube do not promote 4minute well enough. They have blown the budget on Skrillex producing Hate and, as a result, promotions are going to be lacking. Plus the stylists dressed them well in the mv but in the press conference to introduce the song? Um....

RqRKHTJ.jpg 

VKdyGwR.jpg 

CaI_U66UUAATdAp.jpg

:huh:

I don't understand why they don't give them an album, there are at LEAST 2 if not 3 really strong vocalists in 4minute. You can hear it so well in the ballad part of the song.

Looks like both YG and SM are trying to follow this Big Bang formula of releasing things in drips and drabs in order that fans stay buying. SM want to release something from one of their artists once a week! I feel like that is almost too much. Sometimes you need to miss a group to appreciate them.

Speaking of Big Bang, I really like that iKON song you linked to but I also think it sounds very BB-ish -- Baeng Baeng Baeng chorus-like. Nothing wrong with that, just saying!

Hey Cheap, did you ever compile your best of kpop in 2015 list?

• Members

Apparently online reaction for Hate has been very mixed with a LOT of people hating it (well, primarily hating the beat-drop chorus).  I, personally, LOVE IT.  In between WINNER (who I'm just now getting around to checking out with the release of EXIT:E, but I'm loving EVERYTHING I'm hearing), 4Minute, & now Taeyeon's new single, my k-pop favs chart for this week is WRECKED.  And I totally agree about the entire 4Minute mini-album.  Every. Single. Track. Is FIRE!

• Members

I love 4MINUTE. They are hands down my fave girl group in kpop (though Red Velvet come second) and this mini AND the comeback single Hate AND that sick drop beat has me literally booty dropping around my living room. I hope this is a grower and by the end of this week people grow to love this song. I can't get enough of it.

MUST LISTEN to Winner's new tracks. It's been so long, I have practically forgotten what they sound like.

• Members

Have we talked about Zico before? I think we have.

My friend sent me the link to this. It's a departure from Zico's usual sound but I am really loving everything about this song (with it's retro opening sound) and the mv:

:wub:

In other news, Taemin is releasing a new solo album! A full one this time. And this is the teaser pic for it:

1455596194696_99_20160216131705.jpg

Clone-cest?

Here is the teaser. It will be a full album this time:

And D.O. of EXO is going to release the full length version of Tell Me What is Love, a song he has been singing at concerts and which I absolutely love:

• Members

I'm hit or miss on Zico primarily because I'm really not much of a rap person.  I liked "Boys & Girls" & I liked "Eureka", but I didn't like some of his other stuff.  That said, I freaking loved "I Am You, You Are Me" & I've had it on heavy rotation in my playlist since it came out.  I'm eager for the announced Block-B comeback next month since it'll be their first comeback since I got into k-pop last summer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

@Cat @AllMyDaysatGH

beast-guess-who.jpg

12568115_939230606166611_1986448037_n.jp

BM20-0009.jpg

BEAST is back! They just released their 3rd Japanese album, Guess Who? which also happens to be the name of the title track and the first one off their own label, BEAST Music

Tracklist:

1. One (Watch MV)

2. Hands Up (Watch MV + Live)

3. Can't wait to love you (Watch MV)

4. This is my life (Watch MV)

5. #TBM (Watch MV)

6. YeY (Japanese version) (Watch MV)

7. Only One (Watch MV)

8. All is in U (Watch MV)

9. Saigono Hitokoto (Watch MV)

10. Stay forever young (Watch MV)

11. Guess Who?

The full song is HOT! That beat is amazing and I keep replaying it bc it makes me want to just get up and dance to it. Im upset its just a lyric video though bc I was looking forward to seeing them dance They also have a new update to their official website

https://www.beast-beauty.com/

and they did perform it live

LOVE

• Members

I love that the 1,000th post in this thread was that wonderful news ;-) very symbolic, as B2ST has to be my all time fave and the group we most discussed once upon a time! That's so cool they released a new album; I am feeling the Guess Who track a lot! Is there a Korean version? I always like comparing the two. I need to listen to all the tracks but so far I'm also loving Stay Forever Young (most of those songs/vids have been on YouTube for awhile...guess I've been out of loop? LOL)

• Members

And it seems especially that the OP of this entire thread get the 1,000th post!

I like Guess Who but I wish we could have seen the boys and their faces in that lyric video. Still, I liked the underground, secretive tone of the mv. I am so pleased they are getting a release after some sad rumors recently about Hyunseung seeming ready to quit and some Korean fans taking exception to his perceived attitude. I am also glad that Beast are releasing it under their own label and have much more control over their careers. Cube seems to be in some financial mess and I'm just hoping Beast and 4minute get a chance to do their thing and get some success because I don't think Cube was doing a stellar job with either of them for the past year.

• Members

I didnt even realize that was post #1000. Cool. They've been releasing all their songs as digital singles over the past year and just compiled them into an album. My favorites have been All is In You, Only One and The Last Word (Saigono Hitokoto) and now, Guess Who?

Speaking of CUBE, BTOB released another Japanese EP, Dear Bride. I really like the title track

File:BTOB - Dear Bride reg A.jpg

tumblr_o1d62aycML1uzyhlco1_540.gif

TAEMIN

I didnt see it posted, but did you check out his full album debut? I missed it as I was in Australia and wasnt keeping up but I saw the PYN video today and like it better than Danger

• Members

Oh? BEAST's new Japanese album is actually on iTunes? I didn't think the Japanese releases ever got iTunes releases here. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/guess-who/id1091883660

And, out of curiosity, I checked on the new BTOB Japanese EP, as well. The whole EP isn't on iTunes, but the single "Dear Bride" IS! https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dear-bride-single/id1087665990