K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'll be first in line to get CL's new US album. I hate the name, but I'm sure there'll be some hits. Hopefully there's another bombshell like this one

But I also agree -- would've liked somemore 2NE1 too or something else from one of the other girls. I still love Minzy the best and want her to branch out. LOL

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

I'm SLAYED!!! OMG, obsessed from the first beat. I freaking love it & the song. I was shocked by some of the dancing but it was great. This is certainly a song & video that will garner her more attention in the U.S. Hope it goes super viral.

The video looks kinda cheap but it works, and the VFX & transitions made it very edgy and interesting to watch. When they added bling to her teeth. LOL.

Omg, and she even twerked. I'm done.

• Members

IA AllMyDays this song is so catchy and hooked me from the jump. I like the ratchet production style because it fits with the choreography, which is so extra! CL pushes the envelope when it comes to kpop and gets slated for it (for "not being Korean enough" and "copying the US") but this is her element and she gives it 110%. I had forgotten what a good dancer she is, too. Btw, she looks gorgeous.

• Members

I've been listening to it all damn day & showing everyone! Just the best! And the more I watch it, the more I love the production. I'm also in complete LOVE with the swaying intro and VFX; I just love the freeze frames, how the steady camera moved & then how the girls strutted inside :wub: So good.

1 million views in 1 day, you go girl!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

the more I listen to it, the more I love it as well. I dont like that she raps Korean in there as I think that will turn off and/or confuse this new audience she is trying to bring in. She should have recorded two versions like EXO does, one for US and the other for SK

• Members

I like that she started off singing in Korean tho. I guess since I am already listening to these kpop songs in Korean and loving them (and I'm not the only Westerner doing that, judging by this thread!), I figure why not? Also it's a shout out to her Korean and American-Korean fans who were already supporting her before this debut. It didn't interfere with my enjoyment of this song.

• Members

^^^^^^LOL.

This weekend I managed to get my hands on these

fa3BUGt.jpg

190354.jpg

l_p0030235480.jpg

I actually saw that last one before. I just got through watching the Beautiful Show in Japan and loved it. Loved that they went back to holding it in a big venue. Since this was from last year, a good chunk of the setlist was from Good Luck and they also managed to squeeze in some of the Japanese singles, Ive never seen them perform like I think I Love You, Adrenaline and One Day. My favorite part was probably Junhyung's solo stage as he did Flower, Slow and then a remix of Slow. Part of the show is on YT but too bad it has Viet subs

That is next on my list when I get the time

• Members

Is Dongwoonie at the end? He looks straight up Caucasian in that pic! lol Cheap I love your BEAST love. I've only ever seen clips of a few live shows from them, but what I like is that they never go for a set formula with the shows, they like to mix up the set and throw in new and different songs. You can tell they aren't doing things by numbers and, consequently, the variety allows them to invest more in the performance.

Hey CL fans, here is a BTS Making of the performance video. I believe the dancers are from New Zealand, most of Maori extraction, and they are the ReQuest Dance Crew. The director is also NZ:

• Members

yeah thats Dongwoon. I wonder if his mother ever told him who his real father is bc I refuse to believe he is 100% Korean. He's mixxed with some type of European, if I had my guess

53ebe704a81bb7e04f8b4567.jpg

BEAST's Japan site updated with new profile pics a couple of weeks ago to coincide with the release of the new song

tumblr_nwvxy6aWIe1tpm4oco1_540.jpg
tumblr_nwvxy6aWIe1tpm4oco2_540.jpg
tumblr_nwvxy6aWIe1tpm4oco3_540.jpg
tumblr_nwvxy6aWIe1tpm4oco4_540.jpg
tumblr_nwvxy6aWIe1tpm4oco5_540.jpg
tumblr_nwvxy6aWIe1tpm4oco6_540.jpg

tumblr_nwvpk3KsB31s4floco1_r1_400.jpg

I love that they all have dark hair even though Dujun's is sort of a dirty blonde. It feels rare to have Kpop boy bands like this bc usually at least one of them has blonde or some other unnatural color. The black/brown look is very sophisticated and suits their dressed up look

SHINee

tumblr_ntjgvhysE01r8fs1io1_1280.jpg

BTW, I just saw their a-nation 2015 performance and I LOVED their outfits. So stylish. They all look good except for Keys. He should have worn pants like the rest

• Members

Dongwoon is still my fave but why does he look like the oldest one to me now? Thought he was the maknae lol

Thanks for sharing the BTS video Cat -- I've been on a Parris Goebel binge the past few days and am in lust. New Zealand is where it's at! OMG. Such raw talent and passion for the art of dancing. Parris is also in the video and the best one. I freaking love her now LOL

In this interview Cl went into detail on why she kept the song bilingual. Great, valid excuse

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/cl-hello-bitches-video-premiere