K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

WOW. What an epic concert that looked like. You know, if there was footage of the whole concert, I would have watched the whole thing! It looked so fan, and the fan chants and cheers gave me goosebumps! It looked huge and at the same time really intimate -- like the fans were close to the stage. Also, the way Beast seem to interact with fans as they perform makes it feel more intimate. They are less concerned with every footfall being inch-perfect than they are with the fans connecting to them and their songs. I love Junhyung's rapping skills. I also love Dongwoon's diamanté loafers. B) And while I am not always a huge fan of his, Hyunseung's voice sounded really great in the opener you posted.

In EXO news... EXO have announced they will release a Japanese song in early November. Prepare for the Japanese debut! They are also going to play at the Tokyo Dome in early and mid-November (quite an achievement as you have to be invited to perform there).

Comeback-wise, I am feeling ready for CL to drop her album because I really want to hear her work in English. And I admit Doctuh Peppuh has totally grown on me. :)

COBtXAaVEAAJyic.jpg

I don't know what this is ^ but looks like Winner + iKON are in a teaser together and I am really ready to find out what it is about!

One of my favorite girl groups is preparing a comeback for next week -- Red Velvet. Not sure what to make of the concept or the pics (hello Raggedy Ann) but the snippet of the song in the teaser sounds like it might be a BOP. Oh, and it's called Dumb Dumb. :huh:

REDVELVET_THERED02.jpgREDVELVET_THERED01.jpg

I am also listening to this song Supernova by CN BLUE at the moment. They are a more rocky pop group, but this song is in Japanese because they have so many fans there. It has an 80s rock vibe:

And this is the teaser to their Korean mv to be released next week. It is much more kpoppy!

vv124.jpg

I think they're hot - especially #3 Minhyuk ^_^

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, I hope the Beast concert was recorded for DVD or TV appearance and that it makes its way online. Looks so entertaining

Red Velvet's concept, looks well dumb..lol. I'll give them a shot bc they won me over with Ice Cream Cake

Winner and Ikon.....Im so starved for new material that I'll take this new project. YG needs to release new music already. They could have had a non-album single by now or something

• Members

Ok.  I'm am SO TOTALLY HERE for this.  Holy [!@#$%^&*].  Thanks to the internet, I've already listened to the whole EP (the first time I've EVER listened to a whole kpop EP/Album) and this is really THE [!@#$%^&*].  These boys are going to be HUGE.

DAY6 - Congratulations

• Members

Hey Matt, after searching YouTube I found the song and it is really rocky edge. I like it! Makes a change from the hip hop boy groups of kpop (not that I don't love hip hop).

Red Velvet released their mv Dumb Dumb and I cannot get that beat out of my head. Their album The Red isn't bad either 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yeah.  Apparently JYP's youtube account got hacked (or something) & the video got deleted & they had to reuploaded it.  And I totally agree about Dumb Dumb.  I wasn't sure what to make of all the teasers (and the video is still whack as f-ck), but I cannot get that "dumbdumbdumbdumbdumb" out of my head.

Seventeen's new song "Mansae" just dropped & (as to be expected based on the awesomeness of Adore U) it is FABULOUS!!!

• Members

Red Velvet is facing controversy as they are being accused of plaigarism. I have to admit it does sound incredibly familiar

http://www.kpop-map.com/red-velvets-dumb-dumb-accused-of-plagiarizing-jessie-js-bang-bang/

As for the video and song, not sure how I feel about it yet. Its not grabbing me like Ice Cream Cake and Automatic. I also dont get the MV. It might grow on me though

iKon

YG actually released material for them! Waiting on Winner now

Hyuna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-AZ51NoQU

Video for Run & Run. Too bad its so short bc I like it

tumblr_nun76txCX31rhclzvo1_400.gif

tumblr_numghpbRdV1sk2kqwo1_540.gif

She looks so beautiful in it. The girls of 4Minute also did a photoshoot with Daze magazine. Here are some pics

4Minute Dazed & Confused Magazine September 2015 Photoshoot

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/232926/20150820/4minute-dazed-confused.htm

I hear a comeback is coming this fall.

• Members

I hear that SEVENTEEN are producing another batch of their albums because demand has outpaced supply! They really are the rookie kings right now.

Taking a page out of EXO's Growl playbook with this school uniform/dance formations mv! I like that the female character actually has some spunk and isn't just some blushing doll as she is in MANY other boy band mvs. I also like their choreo. 

I didn't know about the plagiarism, but the song and the mv has grown on me. IA tho that the album is not as good as Ice Cream Cake (Automatic! Something Kinda Crazy!) but there are some cool songs in it.

Am I the only one disappointed by IKON's debut song? I found it and the video pretty basic. All that hype... I hope their proper debut single is more punchy.

HyunA is honestly the sexiest bae in kpop right now. Her body is incredible and I am fully envious. Last year I wasn't sure about that monkey mv Red and HyunA twerking like a little awkward robot in red heels, but she seems much more comfortable in this Run and Run mv. It seems more her, and she is sexy without forcing it. I really like the mv, actually, and the 'home video/behind the scenes' style of it. I also love the song. Have you heard her other single Roll Deep, Cheap?

That 4minute photoshoot looks really good. 

• Members

Hyuna

Yeah I posted the video on the last page. I especially like it bc it features Ilhoon from BTOB

Red Velvet

I havent listened to their album in great detail but Dumb Dumb is growing on me the more I hear it. Very catchy

iKon

I have to admit i didnt even watch the video yet. Dissapointing that it doesnt seem to be as good considering the wait. I want WINNER back

Junho (2pm)

Please register in order to view this content

He just released a Korean album! Kind of snuck up on me as I had no idea he was doing that. Unfortunately its his recent Japanese one in Korean, plus a few solos from 2PM's albums from the last year. Was hoping for original material but then again he's been VERY busy this past year between 2PM's 2 albums, his own, the Go Crazy, 2PM of 2PM and his own solo tour. Plus, 2PM is currently gearing up to releasing Higher, their next Japanese single. I dont know how this group does it but they are the hardest working group in all of KPop. They rarely seem to take a break

• Members

All I've heard since I first got into kpop a few months ago on the various kpop blogs/site is "iKON's coming iKON's coming!" and I was prepared for something spectacular and... well... I was underwhelmed, to say the least.  Granted, I know this is a "pre-debut" release (whatever that really means, I'm not entirely sure), so I'm hoping the actual debut has some punch to it.

Really, REALLY like "Fire" by Junho.  And that MV for "So Good" is, well, SOOOO GOOD!

Meanwhile, did anyone catch the special release of "Amen" by Monsta X?!?  They're marketing & promotion & style is so totally bad boy hip hop-ish, but this video has to be the cutest, most adorable "off brand" thing I've ever seen.

And, back to Seventeen, I actual bought that entire EP and every single track is good.  They've quickly become one of my favorite boygroups to watch.

Edited by Matt

• Members

TBH I think Ikon was so hyped because they and Winner were finalists on a hugely popular Xfactor type show, and even though the public went with Winner as the winning group, the head of YG never hid his preference for the other group he called Ikon. So YG released Winner quite quickly and they became a big hit, but he wanted to wait to release Ikon in the hopes they would eclipse Winner. You could argue that, even with this sub-standard pre-debut release, it has hit #1 on the Melon chart and will likely be huge for YG, They want Ikon to be the next Big Bang because Big Bang members will probably be heading to military service soon (SOB! TOP!). However, like you, Matt, I am hugely underwhelmed by this single.

I guess I am spoiled because my bias boy group, EXO, released a pre-debut single too, called What is Love, and honestly it is one of my favorite songs of theirs ever. It might not be your thing because it is a ballad, but I just love the whole slow jam of it.

I actually prefer the Chinese version, weirdly.

Cheap, I think maybe it's time to get into Junho. I keep hearing great things but I've never been taken in by his stuff. Also, I love that black & white image of him on the album (kpop has the best album covers sometimes).

YASS Cheap let Dumb Dumb grow on you! I also like the choreo to it.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I finally listened to iKon's track and I actually like it. Its not as one would expect but they show promise

tumblr_nui195LucH1tight8o1_400.gif

Junho is love. The entire album is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUEqIkgNS94

Pressure....thats my favorite song off the album.

Speaking of which.....2PM just released a short MV of their new Japanese single. I need the long one

Red Velvet

Ive been spending the past week listening to their album and loving. Its great. My favorite tracks are Huff n Puff, Oh Boy, Red Dress and Time Slip. Im not feeling the robot dolls concept bc it doesnt really fit with the whole album which is quite solid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

iKon's mini came out and I quite like it. The two new singles are better than the first., My favorite song is probably Welcome Back

BtoB

New music! Snuck up on me as I didnt know they were coming out with new material

po_btob__i_mean_1444384716_ac52b4c2.jpg

tumblr_nw2b01xsgC1qbb8n2o1_540.gif
These dudes are super cool.

tumblr_nw2cbcD2jW1qhmfcoo1_540.gif
There MV is 8 minutes though. EIGHT MINUTES. They're last one was 6:30

tumblr_nw2w2jUnBD1uq8a4co1_540.gif

tumblr_nw2w2jUnBD1uq8a4co2_540.gif

tumblr_nw2w2jUnBD1uq8a4co3_540.gif

tumblr_nw2w2jUnBD1uq8a4co4_540.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It took 3 years since debut but BTOB finally won!

tumblr_nwky1kqECd1t1ijxmo2_400.gif

tumblr_nwkp0e8OWy1uzyhlco9_400.gif tumblr_nwkp0e8OWy1uzyhlco7_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nwl4miM9iG1sibnioo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nwl4miM9iG1sibnioo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nwku4hgZKE1reg7l4o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nwku3fqjGe1reg7l4o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nwkw56Axlz1svbz8ro2_500.gif

I love how the other groups were showing them love. I hope this is a sign of more to come. This has been an amazing year for them. Their first full album plus THREE mini albums. They have worked super hard

In some side news, they just dealt with a bit of controversy. The ELFs, Super Junior's fanbase is coming for them

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/10/btob-get-backlash-from-elfs-for-appearing-to-eye-super-juniors-radio-spot

Ugh, Korean K-pop stans are the worst

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It's been ages since I came on this thread. Mainly because October was a busy month at work, and also because I was so focused on EXO and the lead-up to their Japanese debut that I kind of didn't get into other groups as much. I was disappointed by iKON's debut tbh. I think YG kept them hidden too long, to the point where expectations were unsustainable. Also WINNER was perceived as being unfairly sidelined by YG, and Winner already has a core fanbase in place, so they were pissed. It's no surprise that YG have consequently announced WINNER's imminent comeback. Then they released this:

d3dd2bae1da7742b4dcf111dd551edee.jpeg

... AND THEN Scooter Braun, who is supervising CL's US debut, tweeted this:

scootercapture96s4e.jpg

https://twitter.com/scooterbraun

... AND suddenly I'm making like Jessica Fletcher and putting pieces to the puzzle together and weirdly excited?? lmao

In other news, F(x) released their new album Four Walls, and the title song sounds like SHINee's View to me:

Edited by Cat