K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members
I ont think it took that long. I even found an HD link this past weekend and it took less than a day for that to complete.

BTW, you DO want to save the link to this Beast Tumblr page. This blogger has a HUGE collection of Beast related videos and links. Its like my new favorite site.

http://beastvids.tumblr.com/

From 4Minute, also check out Hot Issue. That song is VERY catchy. I dont know any artists like GD and TOP, so Id just check out Big Bang. Other than the songs mentioned, a new one I enjoy is Heaven

Did you know that he just came out with his first solo album and that Junhyung produced it? Here's the video to the first single, Caffeine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj9MrM2eCvI

For a slower song, there's No, from the Poseidon soundtrack

Edited by Cheap21

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Right now, It's straggling & is at 68%. Getting there I guess...cool.png

Thanks for that link!

He's so...not annoying. He freaking slays me & I'm not much into any popstars of his nature at all. "No" is amazing! Caffeine is pretty catchy, I will definitely have to check out his new album - that's awesome Junhyung produced it. Have you listened to the album and if so what songs do you like the most/reccomend?

• Members
Gayoon....her eyes are everything! I love them

Gayoon-Huh-4minute-15879760-504-377.jpg

Too bad about Hot Minute, bc I love it...lol. I really did I, My, Me, Mine also

Cool. Let me know when its complete and you've viewed it.

He's so cute and sweet when watching him in videos. Its an EP, so only like 5 songs. Aside from Caffeine, theres Look at Me Now and You Don't Know

• Members

Watching! Will update this post as I watch.

This is beyond cool. The opening was fantastic.. I love "Special" now! Loved their dancing...lol

OMG. OMFG. Yoseob hit the [!@#$%] out of that note on "Breath" again. AMAZING!! OMG. This is too great. I keep rewinding.

DONGWOON. That's all. But what's up with the side braids? LOL!

LOVED when Junhyung sang "Living Without You"

What is the name of that duet Doojoon & Dongwoon sang together after Junhyung did his performance? It was freaking beautiful.

Yoseob & Junhyungs "Thanks to" duet was amazing too (I must've missed the name of the other duet). Really catchy. They were cute w/each other towards the end of the performance. LOL. I had to pause and listen to a studio version.

This is too cute watching them serenade that little girl on stage. Like I'm crying a little bit right now. LOL. When Yoseob put his arm over her wub.png AWH!

Now he's giving her flowers too. The tears are flowing!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

^ I had to collect myself after that last moment. Watched the rest & I'm officially obsessed now. The last songs were amazing, especially Bad Girl, Freeze, & You. They ALL have fantastic/versatile voices and they seem like genuinely nice guys & not douchey at all. Dongwoon cracks me the hell up; I understand a little more how he's the youngest of the group, he seems the most youthful & free spirited of the 6 and really plays for the crowd nicely. Same goes for Yoseob; There HAS to be a .GIF somewhere of him during the "You" performance when he had those pink glasses on, poked his cheeks and said "Beautiful" to the camera. That was f'ing great. LOLZ. Overall what a fantastic show, there wasn't one thing I didn't like. Thanks for referring me to that, Cheap!!

• Members

Yay! Now you see what I mean. I am TOTALLY OBSESSED with watching their live performances. Ive watched the Beautiful Show multiple times. I just watched the Japan Showcase and it was shorter but still gone. Ive been looking for a download of the entire Beautiful Show in Seoul but I cant find it posted yet. I see bits and pieces of it up on YT but I want to watch the entire thing in one block so Im holding off on that.

Did you know that Beast was considered the reject group? They have a stigma bc most of the members came from failed careers. Kikwang was a solo artist called AJ who didnt do well. Yoseob was his backup dancer. Hyunseung was in Big Bang but got cut before their debut. Thank god Cube Entertainment took a chance on them bc when put together, they have been amazing and really took off. They have such a natural chemistry and IA, are very versatile with great voices

tumblr_me895j9B1m1roa6y7o1_500.gif

Did you see Dongwoon trying to grind on Junhyung towards the end? Junhyung pushed him off and Dongwoon seemed a bit hurt. I loved Kikwang's dancing during that song. He REALLY got into it.

Yoseob did an amazing job with Breath but I also thought he killed it with Lightless. Its amazing how he seemed to be more background in their first song Bad Girl, but as time moved on, clearly became the lead singer, getting the high notes and doing all the chorus sections. He was usually the one up in front during most of the performances.

tumblr_m4oq96KU3Y1rpv4qao1_500.jpg

I cant find any pic/gif of him with the glasses but I did find this...lol

I didnt really care for Clenching a Tight Fist when hearing the studio version but Im a fan of it now after hearing them sing it live.

So what did you think of Should I Hug or Not? I was LMAO at Junhyung laughing while trying to rap. Such a genuine moment

LMAO at Dojoon going "Oooohh" when Yoseob was singing "You" to that girl.

I think Doojoon's song with Dongwoon is When the Door Closes

I LOVE Special and its bc of them doing it live. I cant beleive that never got a music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1qt3hA0fhQ&feature=player_embedded

YoSeob wub.png

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I'm finding them even more compelling to watch live. I definitely have to watch more of their concerts, clips on YT, etc. Let me know anything you find or have found that you reccomend & I'll do the same (if its something you havent already seen of course, LOL)

Did not know that. That's incredible! Their initial "failures" actually brought them together & led them to where they are today, and, well, it ain't half bad biggrin.png

I did not notice that at first glance. WOW! I just went back and looked. LOLZ! Dongwoon went straight in to him & he was like no thanks buddy laugh.pngsad.png That was a pretty harsh push.

But then, they both seem to be into each other here in this 'lil gif I found ohmy.pnglaugh.png

tumblr_mecdbbt4bA1rdxjrfo1_500.gif

If it's the one I think it was (some of the song texts were in Korean) then I REALLY liked that one

LOL cool!

Him & Dongwoon are awesome. Found this pic

tumblr_me77rg7G2P1ra3xeto1_500.jpg

I flove Dongwoon biggrin.png

tumblr_me6g8dM5ra1roa6y7o1_500.gif

YES!! Thank you! So beautiful.

I was instantly addicted. I think it's my favorite song by them now. I LOVE Yoseobs solo and the the chorus, as with all their songs, is so captivating.

His talent is out of this world.

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Here's a performance the group did yesterday at the MBC Korean Music Wave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbc6FKMqVd4

I'll definetly PM you later when I find the links to the other shows I downloaded

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that Junhung was in a group called Xing and he was a singer there, before Cube took him and made him primarily a rapper. This was his old look with them

Yong_Jun_hyung__06062010032919.jpg

LOL...Im glad he ended up in B2ST

It was the song that Kikwang, Junhyung and Dongwon did together. I keep laughnig when the men dressed as girls show up and they do the penguine dance to try and avoid them...lol

tumblr_mdx54yoBVr1r07r2mo2_250.gif tumblr_mdx54yoBVr1r07r2mo7_r1_250.gif

That is a nice photo. I like the expression on their faces

No prob. Here's the full song list if you need help figuring whats what

Special

Soom (Remix Version)

Fiction

Shock

Lights Go On Again

BEAST Is The B2ST

Mystery

Easy

Clenching A Fist Tight

I Knew It

Living Without You

Mother

When The Door Closes

Let It Snow

Thanks To

I Like You The Best

You

Should I Hug Or Not

Bad Girl

Freeze

Lightless

On Rainy Days

The Fact (Band Version)

Fiction

Oasis

Encore Stage #1 Beautiful

Encore Stage #2 VIU

Im glad I found him as I will be following his career

• Members
Yeah Im the same. Im pretty much on a K-Pop high, playing them on my iPhone at work, in my car, and at home I watch the videos and performances. Im in love. Beast, Big Bang and a little bit of 4minute and 2NE1 are my obsessions

lol.....Tumblr is your friend.

I forgot to mention but last week was the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) and here were some of the notable winners

Best Male Group
BIG BANG

Best Collaboration
Trouble Maker - "Trouble Maker"

Best Male Artist
G-Dragon

Guardian Angel Worldwide Performer Award
Big Bang

Artist of the Year
Big Bang

Im upset Beast didnt get any wins but congrats to Hyunseung and HyunA for Trouble Maker. Also kudos to GD and all the boys of Big Bang for all those wins

Some pics

GD and CL

tumblr_memnwemoF01r1ql6po2_500.jpg

tumblr_m07r6bouAn1rn4djmo1_r2_500.gif

tumblr_mehjtb5O1S1qg6i4bo2_500.gif
tumblr_mehjtb5O1S1qg6i4bo8_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mens1ol30D1qg2esgo1_500.jpg

I REALLY need to find the video clip of this performance. I think i only saw some bad fancam quality stuff on YT

tumblr_menfnhGDlE1qhkzm8o3_250.gif

LMAO, it looks like Dongwoon filled in for HyunA in Trouble Maker

ETA: Here's the video

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Currently watching the "Welcome to BEAST Airline 2011" concert. Will let you know my thoughts as I watch ;-)

That was a simple, creative opening. I love how much effort was put into that and those awesome video name graphics. I think I'm gonna try to steal those. LOL

LOL at the inflatable B2ST airplane.

They're opening the show with "Special" again! This is my [!@#$%] wub.png

What's Yoseob even screaming (beautifully) when he hits that amazing note in "Breathe?" I gotta look that up. It gets me every time!

Not sure what they're saying, I think they might be introducing themselves, but this is cute. That was adorable the way Yoseob waved to the camera wub.png

Ok. After this I gotta dust off the 'ol Rosetta Stone software in my basement & learn some Korean. LOL

Bad Girl wub.png

What is going on in this Yoseob/JunHyung video package? They're acting like boyfriends! LOL.

I knew it was leading to this...THANKS TO wub.pngwub.png I can't express enough how much I LOVE Yoseob's parts in that song. Also I think this is a cooler arrangement of the song/performance compared to the Yokohama concert.

Yoseob just sang the chorus a capella. All I have to say is wow. No one sings better than him.

What were the two slow songs they sang after Lights Go On Again? Pretty good!

OMG...Dongwoon CRYING during "When the Door Closes" sad.pngsad.png That just made me a mess. He was so into that song & moment. Breathtaking!

During the "Beautiful" performance, I loved that little moment when Dongwoon put his arm over Yoseob and sang through the microphone. Can they make a duet together too? I mean come on.

OK, I had to take this screenshot:

ScreenShot2012-12-14at15127PM_zps1ada7d27-1_zps7ee399a5.jpg

LOLZ!

Love watching them perform V.I.U. They always get loose laugh.png

What was going on after the V.I.U performance? Damn I wish I knew what they were saying. Was that...the stomach game or something? What were they doing? And how come Dongwoon & Yoseob didn't show their stomachs? LOL.

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH