Characters/Families/Shows that you MISS and DON'T MISS

• Members

What soap characters do you MISS and the ones that you DON'T miss? Mine are:

Miss:

The Vets on ATWT (Bob, Kim, Lisa, Lucinda, Barbara, Nancy, Tom, John, & Margo) -- I miss Bob & Kim's marriage. Tom and Margo's too. I miss Kim and her "kiddos." I miss Lisa & Babs meddling, Lucinda screwing up, John schemeing, and Nancy always being there to be the universal grandmother figure.

Carly Tenney of ATWT & Vicky Hudson of AW. I always saw these two characters as kindered spirits. They both came from nothing and became something. Both were rough around the edges but really sensitive. Both constantly screwed up, but really meant no harm. Both seeked acceptance--something I could identify with as a viewer. How I miss Maura West and Jensen Buchanan (she was Vicky when I started watching) gracing my screen.

Drucilla Barber Winters. My FAVE character of all time. Without her, Genoa City lacks that pizazz, flair, and sassiness. JFP, please bring my girl from over that cliff so she can help Sharon and whoop Redzilla's a**.

Holly & Roger. Possibly the most complex couple of all time and my favorite. Sadly, I didn't start watching till about 93 when I was 5, but I was intrigued. These two could read the phone book and I would watch as long as they were together. Thank God for Youtube and SoapsClassic.

Rachel & Carl. Everyone hated them but I FLOVED them.

Luke & Noah. I was a card carrying Nuke fan. I know people hate them but I loved them. I think with the RIGHT head writer and a production company that wasn't so conserative, these two would've brought it! I understood why Van would phone it in a lot of the time b/c the writing restricted them from advancing.

Another World, As the World Turns, & Guiding Light. I miss all three. AW was the 1st soap I watched on my own--my own choosing and I miss the denizens of Bay City. ATWT & GL are even near and dear to my heart b/c they were the soaps that I watched with my Grandma (along with B&B & Y&R). When she passed, a month before the ATWT finale, I sobbed like a baby when the globe spun b/c it was the end of the world for me as soap watcher--I'd never get that time back with my grandmom and realized that ALL these shows are on limited time.

DON'T MISS:

Rya** & Collard Greens of AMC. Following suit of In Living Color's "Men on. . ." "HATED 'EM."

The Foley Brothers. Still wish that they would've killed Cyrus instead of giving him to poor Mel. *sighs* At least I got to kill him in my FanFic

The Coopers being front and center. Loved the Coopers but I HATED when they ate the d*mn show.

Peapack. The worst idea EVER. I always believed that they could've just cut GL's budget and saved the show by trimming the show to 3 days a week or going back to 30 mins. Same with ATWT. Would've saved them millions. Ellen Wheeler should be stoned to death for coming up with this concept.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Miss:

Annie Douglas (Sarah Buxton), SuBe

The days when NBC had the most compelling 3-soap line-up (Days, AW, Santa Barbara)

Sunset Beach

Mason & Julia (Santa Barbara)

Deacon (Sean Kanan), B&B

Drucilla (Victoria Rowell), Y&R

The REAL Victoria (Heather Tom), Y&R

Ashley Abbott (Eileen Davidson), Y&R

Jill (Jess Walton), Y&R

Terry Lester as Jack, Y&R :(

Darlene Conley as Sally, B&B :(

Will desperately MISS:

Stephanie (Susan Flannery), B&B :(

DON'T MISS:

Courtney (GH)

Ryan/Greenlee/Zach/Kendall stinking up AMC

GL's last 18 months

• Members

I miss Clint Ritchie's Clint Buchanan and Asa. I miss the old (1980s) OLTL. I miss Jared & Natalie--they were the last couple I cared about on the last soap I saw.

I don't miss any character played by Thorsten Kaye eating up air time on the ABC soaps.

I don't miss GH at all. Not even characters I loved back in the day (Anna, Duke, Robert) lured me back. The suffocating mob presence wore me down a long time ago as well as the fact I hated all things and characters Cassadine and wish that family had stayed in the early 1980s and never been revived.

• Members

Miss:

TSJTodd/Victor Jr. When I first started faithfully watching OLTL, this was the character that drew me in and hooked me. I loved the fact that TSJ's Todd was a complete sociopath. I despised when they showed him feeling bad about his actions then doing something just as bad. He was written best as just not giving a [!@#$%^&*]. I laughed at the air quotes to Rex about Gigi's death. I loved the drinkin relationship he had developed with Vimal. I was so happy when he was finally over Blair. And despite the awful nature of the Rapemance, I was completely captivated by it and tuned in everyday for it....TSJ and FL had ridiculous chemistry and their final scene together broke my heart...I could go on and on...

Don't Miss:

Most of the OLTL cast in its last two years.

• Members

Characters I miss/will miss:

Drucilla Winters (Victoria Rowell), Y&R

Malcolm Winters (Shemar Moore), Y&R

Mackenzie Browning (Rachel Kimsey), Y&R

Diane Jenkins (Susan Walters), Y&R

J.T. Hellstrom (Thad Luckinbill), Y&R

Colleen Carlton (Tammin Sursok), Y&R

Karen Winters (Nia Peeples), Y&R

Abby Newman (Marcy Rylan), Y&R

Ricky Williams (Peter Porte), Y&R

Ridge Forrester (Ronn Moss), B&B

Stephanie Forrester (Susan Flannery), B&B

Sally Spectra (Darlene Conley), B&B

Deacon Sharpe (Sean Kanan), B&B

Amber Moore (Adrienne Frantz), B&B

Bridget Forrester (Jennifer Finnigan), B&B

Rick Forrester (Kyle Lowder), B&B (though I also love Jacob Young)

Sheila Carter (Kimberlin Brown), B&B

Whip Jones (Rick Hearst), B&B

Oliver Jones (Zack Conroy), B&B

Characters I don't/won't miss:

Any character created by Maria Bell (except maybe Avery), Y&R

Massimo Marone (Joseph Mascolo), B&B

Agnes Jones (Sarah Joy Brown), B&B

Owen Knight (Brandon Beemer), B&B

Archived