Soap Stars You LOVED in One Role and HATED in Another

• Members

Wow, I think we were watching a different show because I totally sympathized with Diane, mainly because the majority of her actions were motivated by her love for her son. I was fine with her sleeping with Tucker because of the history between Ashley and Diane, which should have been played WAY more than it was. Maura had chemistry with the entire cast but of course, the writers only wanted to pit her against Phyllis. Yet Maura's Diane sizzled in scenes with Ashley, Victor (when they hated each other), and Nikki. Different strokes, different folks I guess.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree they should have created a new character for her. But I'll never understand how anyone could view the best daytime actress of her generation (and a very popular one at that) being "forced" on you as a negative. That's network and corporate interference where you're getting a GIFT! Any smart EP or HW would have taken that gift and used it for all it was worth. This show has a GAPING hole where VR's Drucilla is missing and Maura could have helped them fill that, but MAB was too short-sighted and flat out crazy to see that. The best revenge would have been to make her a valuable player that helps the show, not to do everything in your power to make the audience hate her and give her no chance. For God's sakes, 4 shows have been CANCELLED in 3 years, what on Earth was she thinking?

Y&R thinks that the Drucilla hole just needs a black actress to fill it. That's not quite true. Yes, we need diversity, but we need a character that brings the level of excitement that Drucilla did anytime she was on. That could have been Maura West! It makes me sick what they did to her and I hope she relished the day that MAB was shown the door. I promise you that wouldn't have happened under JFP, are ya kidding? JFP would have smugly realized that she outsmarted them because the deal is actually a win for her, not a headache.

• Members

antmunoz, couldn't agree more. Nola was always a lot of fun, but I don't think Iva EVER had any fun in her whole life. Always seemed old way before her time.

Another vote for Cady McClain. Dixie was just too sweet and naive for me, but Rosanna on ATWT was great, especially in the earlier, bitchier days.

I was going to mention Eden Reigel, but now that I think about it , I hated her in both roles (Bianca/Heather).

• Members

Speaking of Lisa Brown...loved Michael Tylo as Quent, couldn't stand him on Y&R. Bad enough saddling him with Ashley/BarbieBobblehead...but then compounding it with the evil twin thing---AWFUL.

I'd throw in Brian Gaskill...but don't think I liked him in any of his CBS roles. The closest I came was as B&B's Oscar. BJ/ATWT and Dylan/GL were clearly disasters.

• Members

I don't know, Jeff Branson and Daniel Cosgrove give them a run for their money.

Better yet, we should have a (short) thread about actors that sparkled in every role they played, like Louise Sorel, Anna Stuart, and Lisa Peluso, for starters.

• Members

Enjoyed Bobbie Eakes as Macy but had mixed reviews with her as Krystal on AMC. Also, thought Kassie DePavia was boring as Chelsea Reardon on GL, but she really came into her own when she took over the role of Blair on OLTL. Also, enjoyed Kim Zimmer as Reva on GL, but hated her as Jodie (or Josie) on Santa Barbara in its final years on the air.

Archived