Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Soap Stars You LOVED in One Role and HATED in Another

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

With all my soap viewing, I have come across a few actors that I can love in one part but hate in another. The best example I can come up with for me is Eileen Davidson. I HATED her as Kelly Capwell on Santa Barbara. Not just because I thought she was miscast but because she was an all-around bad actress then. Even her first year and a half on DAYS, that hate carried over. I just don't care for her as a heroine. Now when Kristen turned into a bitch, Eileen came into her own as an actress (IMO) and I've loved her ever since.

When she came back to Y&R, I was a bit cautious because I fell in love with Brenda Epperson's Ashley and though I detested Shari Sh!tfuck, I was hoping to get Brenda back. BUT I loved what Eileen did with Ashley and finally understood what others had felt about her- the role of Ashley fit her like a glove.

I'm sure I'll think of more as this thread goes on but I'm anxious to see how everyone else responds to this, so post away.

#2 Khan

Khan

"May I use your telephone?"

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Genie [!@#$%^&*] Francis.

Next?

Okay, I'll elaborate: loved her as Laura (on GH) and as Diana (on DAYS), was "okay" with her as Ceara (on ALL MY CHILDREN), can't wait for the hose beast to leave Y&R (as GeneviEWW).

Edited by Khan, 09 October 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#3 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Best Actress

• Members
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

I LOVED Debbi Morgan is Angie on AMC, and later Loving. But I do NOT love her as Harmony "Bad Lacefront" Hamilton. on Y&R.

Edited by SoapBoy94, 09 October 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#4 Khan

Khan

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I've a feeling that the ABC transplants on Y&R will end up owning this thread.

#5 Mathewson

Mathewson

Contract

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

I loved Billy Warlock on GH and DAYS as AJ and Frankie, respectively. He was a disastrous casting choice as Ross on OLTL.

Speaking of OLTL's Ross, I liked Michael Lowry a lot in the role. He was unwatchable from what I saw of him on AMC.

Tonja Walker was great as Alex on OLTL, but she was horrific on Passions as Grace Nancier.

The only time I ever really liked Sarah Brown was as Carly on GH. Never liked her in any other role.

Austin Peck cracked me up on OLTL! But he was unwatchable on DAYS and he wasn't a lot better on ATWT.

#6 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Best Actress

• Members
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

I loved Scott Clifton on GH and OLTL but I just don't like Liam on B&B. Though, I think that's more the writing than his portrayal.

#7 Khan

Khan

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Taylor Miller: wonderful as AMC's original Nina, not so much as ANOTHER WORLD's replacement Sally.

#8 applcin

applcin

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

I loved Stephen Nichols & Mary Beth Evans on Days. Didn't like them on GH (it didn't help that I loathed everything Cassadine).

Beth Ehlers was my favorite on GL for years (the good ole days years). But her character on AMC was hard to take and I wanted to like her.

#9 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 41,154 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Sarah Brown

Posted Image
Carly

Posted Image
Aggie. God, I even hated her name

#10 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Best Actress

• Members
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Sandra Ferguson was obviously great as Amanda Cory but I did not feel her at ALL as Felicia on GH. That being said, I think anyone would have failed in that role. It's not a recastable role.

#11 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,465 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

I loved Tamara Braun as Carly on GH and Reese on AMC (pathetic as the character ended up being), but NOT as Taylor "YOU STOLE MY MOTHERS CAMEO AFTER KILLING HER!" Walker on DAYS.

Just ugh!

Edited by AllmyDaysatGH, 09 October 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#12 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 41,154 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

I loved Tamara Braun as Carly on GH and Reese on AMC (pathetic as the character ended up being), but NOT as Taylor "YOU STOLE MY MOTHERS CAMEO AFTER KILLING HER!" Walker on DAYS.

Just ugh!

Basic bitch. I hated her!

I thought for sure you were gonna co-sign on me with Sarah Brown but throw in Claudia instead of Carly...lol

#13 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,465 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

I thought for sure you were gonna co-sign on me with Sarah Brown but throw in Claudia instead of Carly...lol

Posted Image Oh definitely!! You know I loved that woman Posted Image I miss her TERRIBLY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LTNrI1FDcA

"You are a predator"

"Why don't you burn in hell, bitch?"

"Bitch, I will kill you"

LOL!!

Oh and about Aggie. I started watching B&B around the tail end of her time on the show. I was astonished by how boring & lifeless the character was

#14 Khan

Khan

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

But her character on AMC was hard to take and I wanted to like her.

Beth Ehlers (ex-Taylor) was a bad fit with ALL MY CHILDREN, that's for sure. In fact, I think they held onto her as long as they did, because they simply didn't want to admit their colossal error in hiring her. Same goes for Marcy Walker, who was great as AMC's first Liza, iconic as SANTA BARBARA's Eden, but who was about as necessary on GUIDING LIGHT (as Tangie) as a cold sore.

Come to think of it, though, how many P&G actors went onto equal, if not greater, success at one of the ABC soaps? There's Robin Strasser -- who was ANOTHER WORLD's first Rachel, and who might have suffered the same fate as BE at AMC, had ONE LIFE TO LIVE and Dorian Lord not come along when they did -- but that's all I can recall offhand. (I don't count Ricky Paull Goldin, since I'm still not convinced his take on Jake was all that popular or appealing.)

Edited by Khan, 09 October 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#15 edgeofnik

edgeofnik

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Sharon Gabet (Raven - EON) was completely miscast (in a terribly written role) on AW as Brittany. First, the character was slapped together as a one-note B*tch (the AW writers clearly did not watch tapes of EON and that Raven was written as a male character, but played a woman - until the final year after Slesar was fired). Second, she looked far too old to have been with Catlin in the triangle with Sally. I believe she went back to OLTL to play Melinda, but not sure that lasted long.

#16 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,358 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Hillary Edson owns this list. I was very, very, very fond of Eve Guthrie - and I don't think I was the only one, as she somehow managed to stay on GL for two and a half years, with some of the worst and oddest writing and personality changes imaginable, until Edson chose to leave the show. But I hated, hated, hated self-righteous child-stealer Stacey Winthrop. Hated! Ugh.

#17 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,358 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Speaking of the actors in her GL story (the Nick/Mindy/Eve "triangle" that was thankfully aborted after Eve went crazy and my guess is the show realized viewers were rooting for the crazy lady):

I just adored Barbara Crampton as Leanna Love. She was so much fun, and always gave Y&R a shot in the arm. Looking back at episodes now, I still get a kick out of her, so I can't just say it was some youth issue on my part.

At first I was happy she was cast on GL as Mindy, but, in no time at all, I wanted her off the show. She was shockingly vacant, lacking any of the drive or heart of Mindy. I can see that was partially the writing, but she still brought zero spark to the material. She was a Barbie. The only time I felt like she was getting into the role was at the very end, when Michael O'Leary returned as Rick.

I then liked her again as Maggie on B&B, for the first few months, when Maggie was spunky and trashy. When she was cleaned up, I lost all interest.

Vincent Irizarry. I spent three years wanting someone to punch Nick in the face. I hated the condescending manner in which he spoke to people. I hated his voice. I hated the way he said "Melinda." I hated the constant superiority dance he seemed to be doing. Only towards the last six months or so of his run did I start to like Nick. I was surprised at how quickly I took to him on AMC, but I really did, even with some lousy writing.

Edited by CarlD2, 10 October 2012 - 02:58 AM.

#18 reallyhateskateonlost

reallyhateskateonlost

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

Love Vincent Irrizary on Guiding Light, All My Children but not on Y&R. On Y&R he was boring and no personality.

Love Roscoe Born as Mitch OLTL but not on DOOL.
Posted Image

Edited by reallyhateskateonlost, 10 October 2012 - 07:02 AM.

#19 MontyB

MontyB

Telling it to you straight up and live!

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

I didn't really care for Susan Keith's version of Samantha Vernon on OLTL fortunatley it her life on the show was short lived, but I loved her as Cecile on Another World. She played that role to perfection.

#20 reallyhateskateonlost

reallyhateskateonlost

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Love Tristan Rogers on GH and Y&R on Bold and Beauitful.seemed out of place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users