Soaps longest Running Storylines.

• Members

I am curious to know what some of the longest storylines on soaps are. I just read about a storyline on DOOL that ran from 1968 to 1975. I doubt that will ever see that happen again even if soaps where not in trouble!!

Edit:

Some people where wondering if this should be good or bad storylines. It can be either. I would like it if you indicated if it where good or not though. Also, things like love triangle don't count because when I mean a storyline I mean a storyline. I am talking about a Baby-Swap, Whose your daddy, Who-dun-it's or anything else that like that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brooke/Ridge/Taylor overall lasted a great many year, but it wasn't the "same storyline" per se.

Is the original poster referring to DAYS' story of Mike Horton's true paternity? Or something else. It's pretty amazing that a paternity story where the viewers knew all along who the real father was lasted so long (I think it was 9 years, though Mike was an adult when the truth came out)

The story of Sami getting the goods on Kate/Lucas for framing her for Franco's murder took FOREVER to be resolved. A good 3 years.

• Members

I feel like this thread should only feature stories from Y&R, DAYS and Passions lol. The odd thing is, on all three soaps I never care how long certain stories went for. It's hard to explain, but the pacing and the writing worked. Bill Bell's Y&R felt like everything served a purpose. A weeks episodes blew by for me and it didn't seem boring, despite his stories running for years. Same with Passions. That show never bored me and it was as slow as it gets.

• Members

Do you mean stories that lasted too long or good story that carried on for years. I best one I can think of is Mike's Paternity on Days and Sydney's kidnapping on Days. In my opinion those two were pretty good.

if you mean one that went on far too long I would say the Rafe 2 story and The Salem Stalker/Melaswen/The Castle story.

• Members

I think Mike's paternity ran the longest. I don't think it is fair to compare it to a rivalry or love triangle because those can last forever on soaps, but a true secret or twist that the viewers knew about for NINE years is crazy, IMO. Couldn't possibly be done now.

Archived