Characters that we gone too long and should've been on canvas

• Members

Hello all I'm a newbie. I love the board. I've noticed alot of the remaining soaps are bringing back past characters. What characters should have been on canvas PERIOD even if it meant being a recast during a specific storyline or timeframe, or could have driven story.

My choice:

Days of Our Lives, Anna Dimera

Anna should have been on canvas throughout the 90's, she could have been all up in the Carrie and Sami drama, she could have been apart of the Roman, John, Marlena, Kristen and Tony story. She had history with rich characters and was a rich character herself and the 17 or 18 year stretch was too much. The lady that played Tiffany on GH would have been a good Anna recast if a recast was needed.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree Gabbie left such a big impact! She should not have been off of the canvas for 10 years!!! She should have been back in Llanview by 95 and Andrea Evans (Tina) should have been by her side. OLTL messed up big time by letting those characters stay gone for so long.

• Members

Eric Brady. He should have been recast ages ago and in the middle of his twin sister Sami's drama. I think Jensen Ackles was good, but certainly not irreplaceable. I never understood why no one thought to bring him back especially when his family has gone through so much in his absence.

On GH, I think they should have either recast Brenda or gotten VM back earlier somehow. Twelve years (with one six month stint in between) was just too long to sit on such a popular character. You just couldn't go back especially with S&B after what Sonny has become.

• Members

Oh I agree Brenda is nothing without Vanessa Marcil, but she was just gone too long (and I am not sure a recast would have worked, but would have kept Brenda mildly relevant). I love her and Brenda is probably my favorite soap character of all time, but I just thought her time had past by the 2010. Sonny and Jax had both moved on several times and they hadn't mentioned Brenda in years until about three days before she rejoined GH. It was just a hot mess of trying to recapture something that was amazing, but not actually trying to recapture it through actions onscreen. It was all exposition and relying on memories and flashbacks to tell a story.

Oh, and totally agree about Scotty Banning. What a missed oppurtunity for a legacy character.......

• Members

Really? I have always thought of Brenda as a fairly viable character up until Carly literally took her place around 2004. She had a lot of non-mob connections and had better chemistry with IR and MB than any of the Carlys. The problem with GH is that they played the Sonny/Jax/random woman that looks like Brenda triangle in her absence to the point of exhaustion, so by the time she came back even I was tired of the prospect of S/B/J. The bottom line is Brenda's set up was horrible and GH was such a disaster in 2010 that she never should have returned let alone carry the weight of GH on her shoulders via the ridiculous promotion.

Archived