What if.......

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Many people are talking about EON. I think everyone who wants a revival should petition to bring it on Prime Time. Not a "We want EON back....or else" but a "EON to Prime time". I think if we get our voices out there some network will consider it. Just don't tell SOS because we know that the 5 members will want us to send faxes to ABC and most people will be like "Edge of What??".

• Members

I can see an older series like Edge of Night working, because most people probably don't remember them, therefore much more leeway in what you wanted to do. You could have the new series pick up where the older one left off, but 30 years later (like NuDallas), or you can reboot/re-imagine the series for today. So if you weren't entirely faithful to the original, most viewers wouldn't even know. Whereas, I think if a newer soap were brought back, like ATWT, AMC, or OLTL, the chance of failure would be greater because while it would bring bigger headlines and bigger ratings initially, there's greater chance to screw up or piss off a fan-base since it's so fresh in people's mind.

• Members

The issue is that there are SO many families and characters. I think there would be better chance of making a spin-off. Like Spinning of the Courtlandt/Chandler saga in Primetime. The show could be called "Pine Valley" and it would start with a back story of the feud such as clips with Palmer. Lottie, and Adam. Then flash forward some years when Palmer was in WWII then aerial shots of Pine Valley and a voice over of Adam and Daisy (or some other Courtlandt) talking about what happened after. I do not think any Daytime footage will work because it would go against the grain of Prime Time. The current cast should include the Daytime people.

I just realized that it would be weird to see Daytime actors portraying there Daytime Characters in primetime with all of the cool Prime Time angles.

• Members

That and since there is such a strong stigma against Daytime people would be like "ATWT...in Primetime! What thats not a real show thats a soap! I will just stick to Revenge".

Whats funny is that a lot of people would call Dallas, Revenge, Knots Landing...etc a continuing drama rather than a soap. I once told someone that Dallas is a soap and they got ultra defensive and they where like "No! Dallas is NOT a soap! It a show about intriguing people doing bad things".

• Members

I had an idea for a Capitol primetime reboot or TV movie for SoapNet (HA!), but it would be totally reworked and recast. I think EON and maybe even Ryan's Hope could work similarly. Recently cancelled well-known soaps wouldn't work as well. Dark Shadows is certainly the most successful soap in terms of sustained interest and television and film remakes. Of course that has a lot to do with the sci-fi element that made it not your average soap. I wonder if in twenty years someone will do something with wacky Passions.

Archived