Y&R: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I read that Diane (then played by Alex Donnelly) slapped Sandra Nelson Phyllis, and I know Diane (Then Susan Walters) had a catfight with Stafford Phyllis, but i really don't think she has gotten slapped that many times....

• Members

Yeah Passions fights did look more realistic than some of the other soaps like say GH where women's hands are always so far away from the other's faces. But Passions also had women throwing punches too. I remember DAYS had a fight a few years ago between Sami and Nicole where they were punching each other and came out with busted lips.

• Members

Oh yeah LOL both Days and Passions are the winners when it comes to realistic slaps even the sound effect was accurate.

Y&R/B&B usually have the weakest slaps I think...They do better with catfights.

But Passions did have some realistic catfights....

Some of my favorite slaps on Passions were between Fancy and Sheridan, but my ultimate fave was when Theresa finally slugged the crap out of Gwen after usually being the weakest fighter of the bunch.

I also enjoy it when Kate slaps Sami, but has Sami actually slapped her?

• Administrator

It looks like JFP is tinkering the way the show is taped/processed because I noticed the "film look" (where you see the scenes lag a bit when there's movement) in Wed's US episode. A couple months ago, the same thing happened on GH for a couple of episodes, so I'm wondering if the "film look" is just a transition between the type of tapes they use? I hope it's just a transition because I hate "film look" on soaps. Also, the lighting on the show is darker which I approve. And I've noticed different camera angles that I haven't seen before. I wonder why JFP isn't being credited for these episodes.

• Members

I'm really noticing the changes, I really hate to say this, but at some points the show reminded me of the ABC soaps.

Also I hate to be really pre-mature, but i'm watching the day ahead episodes too (well at least Wednesday's show) and i feel like the show is becoming more watchable, which is odd considering Maria is still credited till next Friday... I wonder if Josh has secretly had a hand with this weeks episodes as well?

• Members

From what I've heard, she's revamped some of the post-production process. I've not heard about the film-look becoming mainstream, but she's implemented some changes to editing and post-production.

The lighting changes haven't even fully begun yet, because that's being totally overhauled - I heard Jill hired some new folks to come in and revamp the entire art direction of the show.

Archived