Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

DAYS: October Discussion Thread

Days of Our Lives

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#21 KMan101

KMan101

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

I havent herard she was. To me Caroline is campy. She crack me up.

I agree, lol. I loved Caroline ranting and raving about Victor and Maggie and switching test results. I mean this is a woman who kept Bo from the truth about his father for how long? Just because she's a matriarch doesn't mean she has to be Mrs. Cleaver

#22 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,970 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Can someone tell Jen to STFU and mind her damn business? I mean seriously

Caroline's exchange with Maggie Posted Image "I meant a cheeseburger" This funny bitch...lol

Nicole looked like Jill from Dance Moms today

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Cheap21, 02 October 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#23 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Seems like they are though. Caroline eavesdrops on a nasty talk between Jen and Nicole

Oh I think they are giving her Alzheimer's, just not going to do the kind of story I was talking about. I was thinking of using it more as black comedy, like Caroline witnessing 2 characters having an affair but says the wrong name for one of them and ends up destroying 2 couples instead of one, etc.... A comedy of errors, with Caroline's deteriorating brain driving it.

Yeah, it's dark I know but these are the kinds of chances daytime needs to start taking if these shows want to stay on the air.

#24 juniorz1

juniorz1

Marcy Walker 4Ever!

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

i dont know if i woulkd want to watch that, honestly. It could be because i just lost my grandma weeks ago and we were very close and she had it, but really i just dont think thats approriate. of course infusing some comedy elements into it would be fun, because really there were a lot of funny moments, but a full on camp? eh. Esp cuz soaps cant do camp anymore. But i also do not want some social issue story. Maybe something in the middle.

I didn't mean camp in the traditional sense, more like perverse comedy but an original way to drive story throughout the canvas. Maybe calling it Alzheimer's would be a mistake- perhaps someone could be switching out her medication? Or it's a side effect of a medication she's taking- they think it's Alzheimer's at first but are relieved to find out it was from her meds. I don't know.

DAYS just seems so darn generic and lost since MarDar took over (and the year before)- they need to do something different and invigorate their canvas. I'd KILL for a revolution in the writing like ATWT in 2000 when Sheffer took over- everything suddenly popped on that show like it hadn't for YEARS. I want that for DAYS SO badly, probably because imo it's the only soap left on the air that's capable of something like that.

#25 Sindacco

Sindacco

Contract

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I agree with you juniorz1, problem is Corday wants them to play everything safe. He said so himself in some radio interview.

Edited by Sindacco, 02 October 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#26 jjjg

jjjg

Contract

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

even if they were to stick her with Rafe?

Don't even joke! It's been unwatchable, I haven't been able to watch for the past month and the only thing I'm going to tune back in for is her return. Those writers
better not taint it with their king of Salem!

#27 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,970 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

John is STILL married to Hope. I wonder if this will be addressed when Kristen returns bc Marlena technically isn't his wife

#28 Khan

Khan

"May I use your telephone?"

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

DAYS just seems so darn generic and lost since MarDar took over (and the year before)- they need to do something different and invigorate their canvas.

THIS! THIS!

#29 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,667 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

I don't know why T&W are so restraint at DAYS - at their 1st tenure and now their 2nd. Where's their humour? Where's their campyness? Where's the crazyness? Where's their big storyline? Some people thought maybe it was Dena Higley who was holding them back but I don't think it was her fault anymore. I want T&W to be let loose - I know they can do crazy stuff and I know they can do outageous humour like they did on SuBe and OLTL.

Daniel/Jen and the Quest to Sami's Vagina is horrible to watch. There's no excitement and anticpation. I hope it changes next week with Kristen's arrival.

#30 Khan

Khan

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Where's their humour? Where's their campyness? Where's the crazyness?

To pull off the kind of stuff you're talking about, Toups, you need two things: a healthy budget, and good actors. (It helps, too, to have a supportive network and Senior EP.) When you don't have the one, and not enough of the other, you realize very quickly Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell's limitations as storytellers.

Frankly, DAYS needed a HW like Kay Alden, who knew how to write story for mediocre-at-best actors. (She's had decades of practice on Y&R.)

Edited by Khan, 03 October 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#31 Khan

Khan

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

I hope it changes next week with Kristen's arrival.

Mark my words: they'll blow her return. BIG time. It'll make Carly's return look like an overwhelming success by comparison.

#32 beebs

beebs

Contract

• Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

What they need to do is find a way to really stand out BEYOND the shadow of Reilly. If they go the route they did on OLTL and SuBe, it'll just be seen as a return to the DAYS of the 90s, and not a step forward. They need to forge a new identity for the show, and yes, do something radical, but I really don't want to see anything super-ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but I actually like the direction the show's gone in lately. Though, maybe after a year of absolutely nothing with MarDar, my expectations are alarmingly low? Everything's tying together and mixing into each other. The show feels like a community and every decision, every action has reverberations in another storyline. I like it right now.

#33 jjjg

jjjg

Contract

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

John is STILL married to Hope. I wonder if this will be addressed when Kristen returns bc Marlena technically isn't his wife

Are we still supposed to remember that? Or was that possible one of the MarDar things that Tomlin erases and pretend never happened?

#34 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,970 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Are we still supposed to remember that? Or was that possible one of the MarDar things that Tomlin erases and pretend never happened?

I beleive Bo and Hope referenced it at least once since the Daysaster so the current team are at least aware of it

#35 Khan

Khan

• Members
  • 18,900 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

For once, though, I'd be willing to sweep that particular plot twist under the old rug.

#36 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,667 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

To pull off the kind of stuff you're talking about, Toups, you need two things: a healthy budget, and good actors. (It helps, too, to have a supportive network and Senior EP.) When you don't have the one, and not enough of the other, you realize very quickly Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell's limitations as storytellers.

SuBe never really had good actors (except for some of the older cast) and I thought the humour and camp were pretty good.

I just expected more of T&W and maybe hoped for something they couldn't provide anymore. Maybe writing for Susan can get their mojo back in the humour department.

#37 Antoyne

Antoyne

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

I will say though they've done a great job with the cattiness between the women. I've loved all of the bitchy exchanges as of late.

I do hate though that now with Austin gone, every male not named EJ, is either related or BFF for the most part if they do interact.

Edited by Antoyne, 03 October 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#38 Jennerz

Jennerz

Recurring

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I feel like they could easily explain it away since Alice's letter was a fake by Ian, Stefano could have just forged some things to make it look like they were still married to get his egg back.

#39 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,970 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

Bo and Billie! Im glad they got a scene together. LMAO at her saying one thing they hated about her being a cop was the uniform. Wonder if Rinna put that in

I hate how Chad is being villianized to make Gabi the victim

Edited by Cheap21, 04 October 2012 - 05:13 AM.

#40 beebs

beebs

Contract

• Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

I hate how Chad is being villianized to make Gabi the victim

I also have issues with Chad regressing to the selfish jackass he was back during the baby switch. More of that damned resetting MarDar...I mean I knew Chad had that weird dark side DiMera crap, but...ugh. Do they HAVE to make him black evil...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users