DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

Glad to finally see Nick and Billie interact. Lots of nice character interaction. About the only thing I can give Tomsell credit for since they've came on (I at least feel like the soap has a community feel to it again). And at least they've pushed along Wilson, despite the upcoming Gabi mess.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So Brady is Roman and Marlena's child? Sami is her daughter by Roman too, I presume. And doesn't she have a twin? Is that it for Marlena's kids or was Belle her daughter too? I'm new.

Geesh, I'm getting old, I can hardly believe that Sami and Fuzzbucket Lucas have a son that old.

• Members

Wait, what? I thought Brady was John and Isabella's son. Don't tell me they've changed that piece of history, too!

AFAIK, Marlena's children are as follows: D.J. (who died from SIDS), twins Sami and Eric, and daughter Belle. D.J. was by her first (er, second, if we include Alex North) husband, Don Craig; Sami and Eric are by Roman; and Belle is by John.

Of course, D.J. Craig isn't really dead. Stefano kidnapped him, switched him with a stillborn baby, then sold him to the Jonases, who raised him as their son, Daniel, whom everyone thinks is Maggie's son via IVF. ;)

• Members

John named him Brady because he had recently discovered that he wasn't actually Roman Brady and wanted to honor the family. OMG, such a long, convoluted story! LOL. Way condensed version: Drake Hogestyn (who plays John) was actually a recast Roman (this is even a long and not matter-of-fact story) and when the original Roman (Wayne Northrop) wanted to return (it's rumored that Deidre Hall, who plays Marlena, facilitated this) they explained that John was brainwashed to have Roman's memories. Drake Hogestyn originally came on as an amnesiac and it was written in that "Roman" had plastic surgery, so that's how they got away with the physical differences. The whole thing was kinda like the Trevor St. John/Roger Howarth Todd thing on OLTL last year.

Marlena is additionally Carrie's (Christie Clark; she just left the show in July) stepmother, but is her primary maternal figure. Carrie, Eric, Sami, Brady, and Belle all consider each other siblings, even though some are completely not related to each other.

• Members

So considering this is "Days" and all, I thought the Will/Sonny almost-sex scene was totally satisfactory--I was very pleased, and have been very pleased with the frankness of them being a couple. It's a couple years later, but this is such an improvement from Noah/Luke/Reid and Reese/Bianca/Marissa. They really haven't shied away from the physicality at all. I think it's gotta help that a lot of the higher ups at "Days" are gay (according to an unknown actor who was commenting on Missy's Chick-fil-A controversy). It had to help OLTL's Nick/Kyle/Fish, too. And I think it's a sweet romance and I even think the actors have fine chemistry. (I do not understand the criticism directed toward CM considering everyone else who comprises the younger cast on this show and even all the remaining soaps.) I also thought FS did way better with some dramatic conflict opposite BD than the lighter stuff they always make him play. Though I think GT's bias against BD/Lucas is why we're seeing Lucas' role so dramatically shift in this story.

What a treat is it to see Billie/LR??? I was so bummed JP wasn't asked back but LR has been a breath of fresh air.

The Caroline story has been very well done--all the angles have really been covered with the seriousness and humor. I hope we see a goodbye scene with Bo/Jenn and, obviously, Roman/Kayla. I was disappointed, though, to not hear Frankie and Max referenced when Victor and Bo were talking about his siblings.

I really think GT & CW are doing all the right things, they just need to make it POP.

• Members

Actually, DK, thanks to the Santo/Colleen storyline, I think they are all related to each other in a roundabout way...I think.

DK's right, SFK. "Long" and "convoluted" describes John Black's history to a tee.

They need a "Karen Wolek is a hooker" story.

• Members

LOL, that's right! Though, hasn't that never been referenced since John returned last year? The whole thing is absurd from Forrest Alamain to Daphne DiMera's (who was actually Philomena Alamain's sister!) son to Santo & Colleen's. Then there's all that thief, priest, etc., etc., etc. stuff.

• Members

Thank you all so much for the explanations! I'd much rather hear it from you than just looking it up on Wikipedia. I remember reading about the DH Roman/John Black thing, and I actually caught an episode when JT first started as Roman with his face all bandaged up. He did a SOD interview where he explained that he was definitely WN's Roman. wacko.png

• Members

I am enjoying the will/sonny relationship and the involvement of lucas, sami, gabi, nick, adrianne, justin, etc. I also enjoy Billie whenever she is on screen. Kristens return has been so far so good. Bo's exit is well done.

I like the show right now, but it is mostly boring.

And please for the love of god give me ONE Kristen/Billie/Jennifer scene. PLEASE!

Archived