GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And that's what makes the quick confession about as bad as the plot twist itself. Even if switching the tests were an "in-character" thing for Liz to do, the ramifications should be huge, with Liz's moment of truth coming at the climax of a rather juicy arc. Instead, I'm left asking, "What was the [!@#$%^&*] point?" (Oh yeah. "Plot point." Whatevs, Ron.)

• Members

I guess my only question would be...where in the sam hell does DWTS air in the middle of the afternoon?

The scene didn't work because it was written as too obvious. Johnny coming in and turning on the tv? Yeah ok! Since Carly is already in casual clothing, the tv should already have been on and perhaps Carly was emptying her DVR and was watching. She then makes a comment, "I swear that chick looks like...never mind".

You have to ease into these things. The sledgehammer approach very seldom works!

• Members

ALL MY CHILDREN was so much better at making these sorts of "wink-wink" references. sad.png

And yeah, I'm-a make a reference to their ONE LIFE TO LIVE days, because this ish reminded me of when they had the Buchanans, in 1968, watching OLTL's first episode during "Rex and Gigi's Excellent Adventure"...at night. Because, you know, OLTL started out as a primetime series. ;)

• Members

Or, at least made the "Isn't that -- doesn't that look like...?" so-called 'joke' be about Val Chmerkovskiy, not acknowledging Kelly Monaco at all, because Kelly Monaco's the obvious punchline. A good element of comedy is the surprise. The minute you see Kelly dancing, you already get the "joke" which is that Kelly Monaco and "Sam McCall" look alike. You didn't need Carly to help the poor, dumb audience get the joke by, as you mentioned, driving it home with a sledgehammer.

But, whatever. Much ado about nothing. They're the professional writers... Twitter proves it. mellow.png

• Members

This is what I don't understand either they had plenty enough going on with the baby switch, paternity switch now DNA switch again JaSam has been coddled in writing as the ultimiate victims, so you can root for them and their baby...its been this way all along. All of a sudden Liz is swooning over Jason when she had already said repeatedly that they were done and she was shown only to be supportive of his marriage. Her fans aren't happy.

As for DWTS Kelly Monaco (and Michael Easton) has always been highly marketed propped and pimped starting with Frons and even now she is the star of GH and in case you just so happen to forget? They club you then hit you over the head with a sledgehammer or excessive air, or nearly every promo (literally) or every character dialogs about your marriage, divorce, baby (they love each other) this has been going on for years esp since '08, or maybe an episode dedicated to her... it ain't hard. I am surprised ReRon picked up where Frons left off. Only a select few of Frons' favs from PC survived to other shows e.g....Thorsten Kaye,

• Members

Yes it does, and I'm so freaking happy that Liz finally gets to call out Sam for what she did. Guza never wrote barely anyone to call out Sam for anything.

he also said it was because Burton was leaving wink.png

Lori D "What's the point of having Liz switch DNA results if she fesses up to it next week? Dumb plot point?"

@carlivatiron "Now she doesn't keep it a secret long enough? I can't win!"

Lori D "Your reply doesn't make sense. I asked what the point of it was in the first place."

@carlivatiron "It's a story beat."

Lori D"a beat that would of dragged out a wee bit longer if Steve Burton was staying. Yeah?"

@carlivatiron "actually, it probably wouldn't have happened at all."

Archived