Y&R question about Brad.

• Members

I probably can just easily look this up somewhere or go back on those wonderful 1989 SOD synopses section pages CarlD2 posted, but something that just popped in my head, when Victor took over Jabot in 1989, was Brad already his right hand man, and did he actually help Victor with the takeover?

I can't stand Brad, but it's gonna make me cringe that a guy who possibly had a hand of helping an even more dispicable man take over a beloved family's company because he hated Jack, had the gull to try to romance both Ashley and Traci....

There is just something so wrong with that.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks....I can sleep a little better knowing that he wasn't a part of the takeover LOL....Brad's character just annoys me (even if i prefer Don Diamont as Brad then Bill)

but Brad did initially become Victor's right hand to annoy Jack right?

• Members

Things between Victor and Brad went sour by 1995/1996 with the Brad and Nikki affair and the fact by that point Victor and Jack had a civil working relationship and Victor gave Jack more to do. Also being a prime suspect in Victor's shooting didn't help matters.

I think you could say Brad was always a prominent supporting character although I know Latham tried to make him the leading man but it didn't work.

• Members

Actually, it was before that. Right before Victor "died" (and went to Kansas), Jack & Brad worked together to take over Newman Enterprises. If I remember correctly, Brad was to run Newman and Jack would finally have Jabot back. I'm pretty sure Victor got wind of it and was flying back to stop them when the plane ended up crashing wman(in Kansas). Jack kept coming up with reasons to stall Brad from taking over Newman but Jack was actually double crossing him. Victor came back to town and Jack and Brad were shaking in their boots (their reactions were the biggest in the whole Collenade (sp?) Room.

I believe shortly after is when Brad enforced the Golden Parachute he had in his original contract or something to that effect. I'm pretty sure I'm remembering right but if someone could fill in the gaps, I'd appreciate it too. This was when Y&R was can't miss TV for me.

• Members

In the April 1994 episodes yr posted you can see Neil taking over more and more of Brad's job, as Brad fights Traci (and later has his heart attack). I just wonder if Bill Bell had any plans for Neil in the company. I think the corporate world in the long run has emasculated Neil as a character.

Archived