Obscure AMC storylines

allmc2008

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another obscure storyline was about a girl who was just out of prison named Sandy Turner. Tracy Kollis played the role.

Sandy had met someone else in prison, but I forget who. Anyway, she was hired by Tom Cudahy, and it seemed that there was going to be a storyline about them as a couple. However, this was dropped.

• Members

Then, there was Lettie Jean, a middle-aged female in the stable of Billy Clyde Tuggle.

Delphi Herrington (Where the Heart Is) created the role. Then, Judith Roberts became the second actress to play Lettie Jean. Then, Delphi Herrington returned to the role.

In the beginning, Lettie Jean would just do whatever Billy Clyde told her to do, usually to mess up Donna or Estelle or someone else in Pine Valley.

At the end, though, it was revealled that Lettie Jean had a child who was back home. Lettie Jean would give Billy Clyde all of the extra money to send to the child, but it was later revealed by Billy Clyde that the child had died years before and that Lettie Jean would not accept this.

I stand corrected.

I was thinking that the actress who played Leora had just opened in Crimes of the Heart on Broadway (which she had, I believe). I was just not guessing the year that Crimes of the Heart had actually premiered.

• Members

AMC had a neat little trick (no pun intended) in 1997 when they cast the woman who played Lettie Jean, ostensibly in a new role. She was working at a TV station Liza was going to go work at, somewhere in California. Adam went to meet her, and blackmailed her into not hiring Liza. He knew she was, as he called her, "Lettie Jean."

• Members

I do remember Phoebe trying to contact Ann's spirit.

I was too young to remember Billy Clyde's arrival and his girlfriend Bertha (I'll be 45 soon).

I think Lisa Howards character had a masculine-sounding name. If I'm remembering this correctly, she was Jesse's partner on the police force and Angie thought Jesse had a male partner until she met her. It might've been Sid?

• Members

Oh Lisa Howard's character was a detective named Syd Weber. I think she was intended to be a romantic interest for Jesse, but that whole storyline involving Les Baxter/baby-selling story was quickly aborted and the contract players involved except for Morgan/Williams/Lee Chamberlin (Antonio Fargas, Lisa Howard, Vanessa Bell Calloway, and the guy who played Det. Borelli--forgot the actor's name) were fired. All of that coincided with Steve Schenkel's replacing Jorn Winther in late spring of 1987. I remember that story going on for months and being totally islanded the entire time until it was revealed that Travis might've been the father of Yvonne's baby.

• Members

Were there any stories which were stopped because of the 1981 or 1988 strikes, or any stories started at that time but dropped when the main writers returned?

I noticed in the 1988 clips Chip Albers put up of Josh Waleski, there was heavy interaction with Cecily, but then the next clip was his getting drunk and killing Laura.

• Members

Do you, by any chance, know if Dr. Jeff Martin was actually intended to be the man behind the scheme? Or, if Denny Albee was hired to play Jeff but never got the chance.

Jeffrey Byron had been hired to play Richard Abbott on One Life to Live. Richard and Tina became engaged, but they broke up. Richard suddenly left town. Jeffrey Byron, who may have signed a multi-year contract with ABC and being the son of an actress who was played a longtime ABC serial character (Anna Lee) was suddenly moved to All My Children as the new Jeff.

Denny Albee played another doctor in the hospital.

Then, on All My Children, Denny Albee played another doctor in the hospital. Jeff and Angie began having romantic scenes, just as she and Dr. Cliff Warner had done earlier. The show decided to end the romance, and Debbi Morgan supposedly got upset. That is when she left the show (to appear on NBC's Generations) and Sandra McClain assumed the role of Angie.

I could never understand why Ms. Morgan claimed to be so upset about the end of the Angie-Jeff romance when the show had done the exact same thing with the Angie-Cliff romance.

Mr. Byron departed All My Children, and, in a few months, Robert Tripp became the new Jeff. Mr. Tripp appeared less than two months, and the show appeared to be heading to a Tad-Hillary-Jeff triangle before his departure.

Anyway, it seemed to me that maybe Denny Albee had been hired to play Jeff (He had played important roles on both The Edge of Night and One Life to Live on ABC) and that Jeff was supposed to be involved someway with the baby adoption scheme.

There was also this man that was involved. I can't remember his name, but he was bad news for with Yvonne or Vera.

• Members

Absolutely not. Jeff and the widowed Angie were becoming an item.

Jeff was being played by Jeffrey Byron, and Debbi Morgan was being played by Debbi Morgan. Ms. Morgan left the show and joined the cast of NBC's Generations when the storyline was dropped.

Jeff was not mentioned for several weeks or months. Then Robert Tripp played him. Mr. Tripp, it seems, was only on the show for about two weeks, although I realize that it was probably longer.

Tad and Hillary had just divorced, and it seems that Jeff was interested enough in her to mention it to Tad to see how he would feel if Jeff and Hillary were to begin dating.

This was around 1987, possibly 1986.

Also, when Debbi Morgan departed and Sandra McClain became the new Angie, Agnes Nixon was quoted as saying that she was so disappointed because she had a big storyline for Angie and it was too late to drop it, so the character had to be recast rather than written off.

But, the only big storyline that I recall is when Angie was paired with Remy.

Archived