Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Jacklyn Zeman’s Bombshell ‘GH’ Interview!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Errol

Errol

Editor in Chief, Soap Opera Network

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

jacklynzeman_02_3x4Five years after being taken off contract and placed on recurring status, Jacklyn Zeman (ex-Bobbie Spencer, "General Hospital") has opened up to Soap Opera Digest in its newest issue about the circumstances surrounding her unexpected departure from the ABC daytime drama series.

Read More

#2 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Jackie needs the money, right?

No wonder she's ready to dish now, years after her ass was dropped to recurring and her house is being foreclosed on. Though, I doubt she's getting much from SOD.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, 24 August 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#3 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 13,260 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

It was a great read. I feel very badly about how she was treated.

#4 evermore

evermore

Recurring

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'm sorry to hear they have the budget to bring back Duke Lavery but not Bobbie Spencer, Lucy Coe, or any of the Quartermaines

#5 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,694 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

Don't care about JZ because its hard to look at her, but there's money for refugees?

#6 LoyaltoAMC

LoyaltoAMC

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Wonder whom she's referring to when says some people she thought were her friends never called her. Of course the first person who comes to mind could be Geary, though I always thought she and Geary were close, since I believe he went to bat for her earlier when things looked shaky for her.

#7 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,694 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Why didn't people call her? That's a tough situation because sometimes, you just don't know what to say. A few years ago, my co-worker was "laid off" but she stayed the final two weeks. She came to me and asked why I had not paid her a visit at her desk (we were really cool), and I told her that I felt so bad that I didn't know what to say. I could not face her.

#8 Evil Twin

Evil Twin

Dayplayer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Seriously, WTF did she do to her face? She's look worse than if she had just aged naturally.

#9 RavenWhitney

RavenWhitney

Contract

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Sorry, but most viewers don't want to see another botox, plastic surgeon mangled actress on a Hollywood soap. These actresses and some actors had the opportunity to grow old gracefully like Eileen Fulton, Kim Hayes hell even Susan Lucci. These actresses remained healthy and classy and watchable. It's painful to see Leslie Charleston who can't move her face or Hunter Tylo or Lisa Rinna......Their time has passed!

#10 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

It really is painful to look at her and LC's faces.

#11 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,694 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Had Hunter Tylo walked onto my set after her Joker Transformation several years ago, she would not have liked her script 4 weeks down the road. Taylor would have been stricken with Stage 25 cancer with -5 days to live. She looks even worse now.

It's tough getting older. Hell, none of us like it, but since when is looking like a farm animal better than natural again beauty?

JZ looks terrible, and I believe that is one of the reasons she is not being asked back. There is absolutely NOTHING visually appealling. Nothing!

#12 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,451 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

but but I thought JFP was this wonderful person who likes vets :rolleyes:

Phelps needs her arse kicked for how she treated GH's vets. You can buh bye to Y&R's vets too

#13 Elsa

Elsa

Contract

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

I opened Jackie's interview and I expected to see a monster after reading your comments. The lipstick is propably not the best choice, but I see a lovely lady who YES, has had some plastic surgery. And Hunter Tylo is still a gorgeous woman. Both ladies seem to be in love with fillers, so what? After all, they last for a few months. Plastic surgery is not evil.

#14 JONNYSBRO

JONNYSBRO

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

This is what happens when you become a JFP enemy ala JZ or Robin Strasser. They are pushed off the show and fired. The big thing is Eric Braden IMO needs to stop his boohooing about MAB. She is gone done and finished. Getting on Jill's bad side is really a stupid idea. Case in point with JZ. Something must have happened behind the scenes with those two. Anyways I challenge any Y&R to mouth off to Jill and then get their ass canned. Its proved an enemy of JFP is fired, blacklisted and done done.

#15 LoyaltoAMC

LoyaltoAMC

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Jackie's face was screwed up when JFP came aboard, but she still kept Jackie active in story with A Martinez/Jensen Buchanan. Granted the writing was atrocious (McTavish?) but she wasn't in the background. I think her departure coincided with Frons coming aboard. He severely backburnered or chased off a bunch of vets from all the shows. There was major story planned for Julia Barr, but he killed that and sent her to backburner hell. Marcy Walker practically became an extra over night. Leslie Charleson & Stuart Damon were also diminished. Didn't Frons want to fire Canary, until Agnes or McTavish stepped in?

#16 MrQuartermaine

MrQuartermaine

Contract

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

When Jill took over at GH, there were a ton of vets. You had Leslie Charleson (Monica), Stuart Damon (Alan), Anna Lee (Lila), John Ingle (Edward), Anthony Geary (Luke), Genie Francis (Laura), Kin Shriner (Scott), Lynn Herring (Lucy), Jon Lindstrom (Kevin), Susan Brown (Susan Brown), Peter Hansen (Lee), Anne Jeffreys (Amanda), John J. York (Mac), Kristina Wagner (Felicia), Jacklyn Zeman (Bobbie), Brad Maule (Tony), Shell Kepler (Amy), Denise Alexander (Lesley), & Rachel Ames (Audrey).

During the course of her tenure, she even brought back Jane Elliot (Tracy), Robin Mattson (Heather), Chris Robinson (Rick), Kimberly McCullough (Robin), Tristan Rogers (Robert), Finola Hughes (Anna), Emma Samms (Holly), & Rick Springfield (Noah).

When Jill left GH, the only vets remaining were Charleson, Ingle, Geary, York, & Elliot. It's insane that she managed to dispose of over 20 vets during her time with the show.

#17 LoyaltoAMC

LoyaltoAMC

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Wait a sec LOL, Shriner, Herring, Lindstrom, Hansen, Brown, and Jeffreys were still with GH when JFP came aboard? I thought the first 3 were firmly entrenched at PC (or at least Herring and Lindstrom) with Hansen and Brown only making sporadic appearances on PC at that point.

#18 MrQuartermaine

MrQuartermaine

Contract

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

Wait a sec LOL, Shriner, Herring, Lindstrom, Hansen, Brown, and Jeffreys were still with GH when JFP came aboard? I thought the first 3 were firmly entrenched at PC (or at least Herring and Lindstrom) with Hansen and Brown only making sporadic appearances on PC at that point.

They were all doing double duty, up until Jill took over and regulated them to just PC.

#19 LoyaltoAMC

LoyaltoAMC

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

I remember reading that Frons conducted a focus group when he came to ABC to determine which vets the audience loved and which they didn't care about. I remember people like Michael E. Knight, Bob Woods, and Tony Geary rating high on that list, while Marcy Walker ranked at the bottom. I was always shocked that they kept Ruth Warrick and James Mitchell on contract even though they were no longer making appearances, so I attribute that more to what clout Agnes still had at ABC at the time and less to Frons' treasuring these vets.

#20 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,087 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I read this at the store and while I know it must kill you to work at a place for 30 years and then get the boot, I wonder if she ever knew of other people in daytime who left the same way and under the same "recurring" guise. Apparently this wasn't used at ABC? CBS used it all the time - poor Pat Bruder was dumped after 35 years and was said to have been "put on recurring."

I do feel sorry for her but I just get the idea that she was a little out of touch about the changes in daytime, and the changes at GH. Frankly, I'm surprised they kept her as long as they did once JFP took over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users