The Classic Film Thread

• Members

"It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known" wub.png

One of the most classic lines in literature, and in movies.

And this story also begins with a classic line: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

if you have never seen, you may want to watch A Letter to Three Wives a 1949 romantic drama film which tells the story of a woman who mails a letter to three women, telling them she has left town with one of their husbands but does not say which one.

(:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Right now I'm watching I DREAM TOO MUCH (1935) starring Lily Pons and Henry Fonda.

Not even twenty minutes in there was this exchange:

Fonda: I would probably beat you.

Pons: Of course, but I wouldn't care.

And a f*cking real live seal has showed up. What is happening ... LoL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So, I've finally seen "Citizen Kane", the movie regarded by many critics as the greatest movie ever made, and I can't say that I agree with them. It's a good movie no doubt, but I can't say that it's the greatest movie I've ever seen. Maybe my expectations were too high, just like when I first saw another movie hailed by the critics, "Casablanca".

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

A fascinating article about a true legend. That word is sometimes used a bit too frequently, but in this case it is certainly appropriate.

I do think that the article was somewhat biased regarding the Olivia-Joan relationship. Yes, the article was about Olivia, so naturally it presented her point of view, but an interview with Joan had probably presented a different story, and the truth is most likely something in between the two.

• 3 weeks later...