October 1999 Angela Shapiro (ABC Daytime Head) interview

• Members

Not sure if anyone gives a crap about reading this but I thought it might be a look at the last few years of pre-Frons ABC Daytime, and a time when ABC Daytime was seen as relatively stable (although AMC was still having ratings bleeding). Not a big fan of this period, but others may be.

This is from an October 1999 Digest.

SOD101999016.jpg

SOD101999017.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if she cared as much as she wanted us to believe, it seemed her focus was on superfluous stuff most of the time, like the shop soaps debacle.

She did bring Agnes back, but AMC was a rudderless mess for most of her tenure at ABC.

She seemed the opposite of Frons, she seemed neglectful, whereas he was more of a micromananger.

• Members

I think any actor is naturally self-serving to a certain degree. And like her or not, JFP did use Erika heavily and give her a very active and vital frontburner storyline. My only problem with it was the execution and the writing. So I can understand why Erika loved working for Jill and Rauch, and why she had serious issues with Linda Gottlieb (and was not shy about saying so in some videotaped interviews a few years ago). I don't agree with her take, but I understand it and respect it, and love her regardless.

Archived