Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And who brought in Sean Blakemore's fine ass (Shawn, GH) and dared to put him with the show's female lead? Yep, Jill had a hand in that. He was on 101 eppies in 2011. Cartooni came in and put an immediate stop to that! Hate them, but this is not the post for that putrid duo, so I will refrain.

This really [!@#$%^&*] with me! OT, have you seen a pic of her mother IRL? Only one of the most stunning women to ever grace this planet!

• Members

She did use R.J. and co. at OLTL, actually used him half decently IMO, but it was clear that R.J. was her idea of purgatory. The word at the time was that Florencia Lozano was punished and ignored for not making John Bolger soar in Tea's godawful pairing with Sykes, and then hastily dismissed/mutually let go. The irony of it, of course, was that R.J. and Tea were hot as hell. I've heard for years that if not for Roger Howarth taking an opening to consider a trial return that February, they were going to kill Tea off in the new Jared Hall storyline, where she knew his "secret."

That following summer, Jill did introduce Jared Hall, Ed and Carla's grandson, and seemed to play with pairing him with Ellen Bethea's Rachel. Rachel had come back to town with Nora "dead" to care for Matthew and Sam, and though Ellen didn't have a contract she was on quite a lot. Then it all disappeared, probably because the guy playing Jared was a terrible actor.

Unlike other EPs or HWs, I don't think Jill has a problem with the diverse casts when/if they're there. Her big thing is misogyny and violence and favoritism. I just feel she doesn't take a particular interest in minorities unless they serve her needs for someone else or if her HW is for them (as the Curlee team was) and she is fine with the writers. At GH they didn't give two shits about black folks, and Jill went right along.

At OLTL with FV and RC it was a weird mix. They had apparently wanted to do much more with Rachel, had set up the pairing with Scott Clifton as Sky. They previewed it in print. Then Frons axed that entire section of the canvas and the gays were blamed. After that, and Tika Sumpter's departure, diversity was relegated to the Evans clan and their hangers-on. I liked Shaun, Vivian and at times Des, I loved their parents, I got the sense that the writers had affection for all of them, but that was as far as it went - affection. In practice, the characters were tokens and supporting players specifically geared to that. It was a calculation and I thought OLTL, and several of those actors, deserved a lot more. But I guess Ron was distracted with his "bigger stories," and for shame.

As for Sean on GH, you have to be kidding me. There is no excuse for him not being on three days a week. He's one of the finest men alive.

I just won't talk about Sofia. Every time I see that woman on Y&R I think they asked someone in the crew to try acting.

• Members

I wish they would can her dull, useless, and bad acting ass along with many others.

I guess the good thing about Jill is that she's not afraid to trim her casts and get rid of people, even if her decisions are sometimes questionable.

Y&R has needed someone to cut it down for A LONG TIME now...

• Members

Wow, Maria Bell is doing a lot of whining about her firing to the press. Has any other ousted executive producer publicly whined about their firing like this? This seems to be a new one.

• Members

That's because she's a spoiled brat. The over privileged bitch never thought her toy would be taken away. It was something she didn't need and proved she cared nothing about, yet she whines incessantly so publicly - very bratty/childlike! I was always indifferent to her, now I can't stand her and would have loved to have witnessed her husband delivering the news. Perhaps if the news were accompanied by a yacht, this c!unt would STFU!

• Members

I don't know where to put this, but do you get the Africa Channel? They're showing a documentary tomorrow where Victoria Rowell went to Jamaica to learn about Jamaicans who had fought (and often won) battles against the British soldiers who were trying to enslave them. It's very good.

This is a little part of it.

http://vimeo.com/39226356

Archived