DAYS: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish I could say I enjoyed this episode, but all the complaints listed above are precisely what took me out of it completely. It made no damn sense for people to come in and out of the DiMera mansion and either 1) not run into each other or 2) not be waylaid (even momentarily) by so much as a locked front or back door. Nor did it make sense for everyone to pick up the damn gun just to put it back down. Perhaps one might have picked it up so their fingerprints could have connected them to it, but why must practically everyone pick it up?

• Members

Like everyone has said, it was beyond ridiculous how everyone was just coming and going. I guess we don't actually KNOW if anyone ran into anyone else outside -- I'm sure that will come out as the case progresses -- but all these allegedly intelligent people (many of them officers of the law!) wandering into a private residence with intent to kill and then touching a gun that was just sitting out... I can't with how stupid they are.

However, the production value was fantastic. This reminded me of Ed Scott's Days. It's amazing how much better this show looks when they turn the damn lights out. I'm not saying we need rain all the time, but there was such a sense of atmosphere in this episode. It hardly ever feels like nighttime in Salem. Just play lower lights! I loved the guitar stings in the opening montage, and the opera at the end was perfect. And so many great, interesting shots -- like the SteadyCam tracking Bo through the square, the POV shots in the mansion, etc. Truly an enjoyable, atmospheric hour of Days.

• Administrator

Yeah, it definitely reminded me of Ed Scott too. That's what I meant by saying it was the best produced and directed show in years. Tomlin's production wasn't very good and the directors under him never moved the camera - it was almost always static shots. It was almost like they were in a hurry to just get the episode shot and move on. Sadly, I don't believe there was any great directed/produced shows under Tomlin. Good thing he's just coming back as a writer and not a producer.

• Administrator

And Kristen frames Marlena! I just want to see Marlena on trial which leads to her almost being executed. And the story becomes a "Who framed Marlena?" storyline where John searches for the truth and it leads to Kristen's return. First, we don't see who's framing Marlena, we just see a figure, and the first time we see Kristen is when John comes face-to-face with her. I have no doubt that will get the ratings up. smile.png

Oh and Kristen is now the "Queen" of the organization/group that enslaved her. She knew that she was never going to escape, so the only way out was to make the King/leader fall in love with her. Then once she was "The Queen" she killed her husband and took over. And that is what she's been doing for the last 14 years (he's not really dead, and he can come back at a later time to get his revenge on Kristen). And they can have a "flashback" episode to show all of this. She also has children now who can be added the early 20's or the 30's group.

• Members

Probably because not even the WRITERS can invest in anyone's death on this show. This one's already been proven to be a bust before it even AIRED!

As for the music, some of the new cues have been vastly better than the previous couple years' ones. There was a period last year where it just sounded like someone left a tape recorder on while Ken doodled boredly on a keyboard. My roommate got so annoyed with it because from afar it sounded like she was getting Skype calls all the time. Lousy stuff. There's actually some drive to it now, it's good to hear.

• Members

I haven't watched DAYS in at least 6 weeks, but I had to check in to see Stefano get shot.

The production values were really excellent, the best the show's looked in years. Frankly, Salem can be in permanent rain, it added so much to the show...night time is something a lot of soaps, for whatever reason, stopped setting their shows in...so few scenes are set at night these days, it's a weird trend I've noticed.

Anyway, the best episode of MarDar's run...which isn't saying a lot since it's been one disastrous mess after the other. I do hope this isn't the end of Joe Mascolo and that Lexis is revealed to be the killer, it would be a heck of a way for Renee Jones to exit.

• Members

Just saw the Nicole/Daniel kiss... WTF. But man does DAYS and especially the DiMera mansion work at night. It really does remind me of the Ed Scott DAYS. I hope Salem stays dark.

I love me some bitchy Marlena, and I love Stefano not giving a damn about everyone putting a gun up to him and continuing to drink.

I still want John/Stefano to acknowledge theyre brothers.

The flashbacks were awesome though, actually all of it was.

• Members

Who the hell found Stefano's body? I cant beleive they skipped over that. I thought for sure it was going to be Chad since he decided to randomly go over there

My god, is Roman really going to head up this investigation? I cant take JT getting this many lines. Id rather they bring back Higley's daughter for this

Archived