DAYS: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Friday's episode was one of the best produced and directed episode in YEARS! Wow!! I could tell from the first Marlena/Sami scene where the camera followed Marlena across the town square that this episode was going to be visually stunning. Loved the crane shots, the close ups, the fade transitions, the dark lighting, the shadows....the atmosphere was just superb. I especially loved the scenes where there was no background music - you just heard the rain falling outside. And of course there had to be opera music at the end when Stefano got shot. Perfection! Big kudos to Lisa De Cazotte, Greg Meng and director Steven Williford for producing such a memorable episode.

The only negative thing I will say is that it was so stupid how everyone picked up the gun! LOL

The person who is put on trial (if there is one) has to be Marlena. You can't lose having Marlena front and center in a storyline.

Not me. I hated crazy Caroline. Plus, there's no need for her to be in a major storyline. Caroline shooting Stefano would be more lame than Caroline switching the paternity results. LOL

• Members

Agree with all of the above. I loved the opera music. I thought it was a great episode. I also agree that everyone touching the gun was really bugging me!

My money's on Lexie as the killer. Who does everyone else think?

• Members

I enjoy it. Best in years? No. Especially when EJ seemed to transport from in front of the Brady Pub into Stefano's living room. I just hope this is not some long drawn out story that never ends.

Damn. That reminds me of someone.

• Members

EXCELLENT, AWESOME, SUPERB, Just damn AMAZING show today!!! Haven't seen a Friday like this in a long long time!! The chemistry between each Actor and Joe Mascolo was outstanding! Love how the more important characters had a lengthy visit with Stefano, while the others visits were seen via Flashback. The scenes with Hope made me wish Zack was still alive and he was actually Stefano's, as intended to be at one time, because so much more history could have been played there. Marlena was badass today, visit Stefano dressed as a diva and torn into his ass educationally after ripping Sami a new one!! I love Will scenes as he kicked the trash can about in sync with Bo running through the square. Kudos to the writers, directors, and producers for this great episode. The ending with they empty houses and office was awesome as the opera played through the scenes!! Monday where the hell are you?!?!?

• Members

You took the words right out of my mouth...stunning episode (where vision and sound were concerned)! I was so surprised by the overall feel of the show. The tracking shot of Marlena was interesting and really set the tone...LOVE that Steven Williford was the director. I noticed some similarities to the 5/18/09 (Who Shot Stuart) episode of AMC that he directed.

But the writing is absolutely ridic. Really, after all the awful things Stefano has done to these people over the years, his latest antics are what finally cause them to snap and come to his house one by one and try to kill him? I don't really buy it. The motives are lacking. The only person I really felt for & believe would kill him right now is Marlena. And maybe Abe & Kate

I was confused and annoyed by the inter-cutting, transporting, and how NO ONE ran into or saw each other at the mansion (or maybe that kind of stuff will be revealed later?).

My guess is Caroline did it in a sudden rage...the gun hidden at the pub was missing. LOL!!

But really, I think it might've been Lexie. But I'm hoping it was Marlena. I agree with Toups!

ETA: Marlena/Sami scenes are the best! LOL at Marlena's reaction to Sami when she said Will wasn't her priority! Also, the way Marlena said "Samantha Gene, you listen to me!"

• Members

What a fun episode. Some parts I didn't quite understand timewise, but the point was there. I guess my favorite part was the very end with the opera. As for the suspects, EJ is the most tiresome. He has been making these threats for so long and while it is understandable why Hope flinched, EJ just always backs down.

So who done it? I guess I will go with either Lexie or Ian. Lexie said she was upstairs sleeping but that was never confirmed, and Ian was out and about for no good reason when he said he would be at the office waiting for Kate. I didn't pay close enough attention to see whose raincoats matched the one at the murder, but I think the sleeve was blue. All in all, a really good episode and now I guess we need someone to be falsely accused of the crime and go on trial. Somehow I bet this becomes a Marlena-centric story, and I guess rightfully so considering her special place in all things Stefano.

Unless it is Tony, not dead after all!

Archived