Nashville: Discussion Thread

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't know most of the characters name. I'm checking out the ABC syllabus as I write.

As a casual viewer getting back into the show after a long break, I thought this was a pretty good winter finale. Their was a little of everything. Good soap opera.

I don't love Deacon. I don't hate him ether. I'm not that into him. I just feel that he's a bit of a drama queen character. Perils. Perils. Perils. Don't know if I liked that liver disease (cancer) twist.

Surprise (minor) twist: It was Teddy, not Deacon, who helped Maddie with the song. Aw.

I liked Rayna calling off the wedding. Good, believable build up to it. It was inappropriate to do it the day of the wedding but I guess chit happens. Connie & Will did a good job with those scenes. The wise direction to take from here is to keep Rayna single for a good while - romance wise slowly feel out her relationships with both Teddy and Deacon.

Selfish Will and Selfish Jeff toying with Layla causing her spiral into that pool sad.png

The Juliette and Avery twist was really nice. The juxtapose with the Rayna and Luke fiasco was point on.

Gunnar finding out he's his boys uncle, not his father? Is Gunnar's brother dead? It'll be interesting to see where they take this in terms of the custody issue.

Scarlett, lol, poor thing just walking around spontaneously crying for her male friends.

• Members

Too bad so sad...Luke's over...time for Rayna to move on to a man that doesn't try to micromanage her life.

I figured the kid was Gunnar's nephew, not son a few weeks ago

Bye, Layla !! No more whining from her...

Glad Lucky and Lizzie Spaulding I mean Avery and Juliette finally worked it out.

Can those girls learn a new song? How many weeks have they sang that song.

At least on the show there isn't a country awards show every other week![unlike real life!]

Really, a hot guy like Teddy can't get laid w/o paying? Eric Close must wonder why his girl isn't a hooker!

Poor Deacon...rolls eyes...another problem...

• Members

True Teddy is the hottest mid age guy on the set and it's unreal that he's feeling this desperate.

I did appreciate the slow build up to Rayna changing her mind. I love how it was evident to me from the get go that something was off/wrong about their relationship but it was slowly dawning on her throughout the last few weeks and especially on last night's episode.

And I don't get why Will felt the need to sleep with that girl. I mean he could have easily said I'm happily married to my wife...go somewhere prostitute. Instead he just caved like a little punk. And now the girl is probably going to be pregnant. But now I'm venturing into soap territory which I doubt the show will go....

• 11 months later...
  • Members

I don't know what it is about this show but I keep getting sucked back in for various reasons. Scarlet for some reason just touches my soul. Her performance honoring her mother was so powerful. Love the heffa. I hope she finds real happiness by the time the show ends.

I"m so over Will and this constant rollercoaster he's on. I thought he had something special with the guy from last season and now they bring in this Kevin guy who he also chemistry with. And now he's throwing him out like garbage. I get that he wants to perform but he has to know deep down that coming out was going to change things.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, I spoke too soon. Just finished watching the winter finale.

They have barely touched all the interesting possibilities in the canvas. And, honestly, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that was the finale of the show. The four "young'n's" were toasting at the bar; Deacon proposes to Rayna. 

And who was the blond that showed up out of no where and offered to write with Maddie?

When does the show come back? Will Juliette be back by then? What about "Jem?"

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived