Arrow: Discussion Thread

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still hate Laurel. God, what a useless character with the stupidest "skill" ever---screeching when she opens her mouth.

Odds just went up that it's Donna in the grave, IMO. Thank God Charlotte Ross got to shake off Donna's innate goofiness for like five seconds when she learned BigBadDaddy was back in town. BTW, does Daddy Smoak have a name besides "The Calculator"? If they mentioned it, I can't recall.

Edited by P.J.

• Members

That is actually her power in the comics, so nothing they can do.  Still, this actress and this particular version has been lame from the get go.   The whole series is sinking in quality every week.  I FF now the island sequences, and the present day stuff is just so glum.  The show is no fun.   The repetitive hero skils makes everyone redundant and there are at least five characters on this show that can shoot arrows, use martial arts and talk onimously.   That doesn't even include the first Black Canary or Roy. 

• Members

I don't think the quality is "sinking" as much as it's just that the storyline is becoming somewhat stagnant. I think part of that is due to using (essentially) the first half of the season to set up Legends of Tomorrow. The other point is that it's getting silly seeing every top villain's sole purpose being to destroy Star(ling) City. WTF is so special about SC that it needs to be "destroyed".

I do think the show lost something when Moira died---the conflict between Ollie and Merlyn or Ollie and Lance just isn't the same.

Personally, I still like Arrow better than Flash. I'm underwhelmed by Legends

Edited by P.J.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So...I guess we'll know next week who dies. My thought is that it must be Donna. Especially as they've built up Felicity's not in any way being interested in revenge.

I guess I forgot that Andy was out of confinement by TeamArrow. It'll be interesting to see if he's responsible for whoever's death, and how that affects the original TeamArrow.

• Members

Oh the Curtis character annoys me. I hate when you can tell that all of the dialogue is coming from the same writer because they all sound the same. These throwaway jokes are ugh-inducing. Also, the Bug-Eyed Bandit was so over the top, I felt like I was watching an episode of Black Scorpion.

I just feel like they are spreading themselves too thin with 4 shows in this universe (not to mention all the other Berlanti stuff... Riverdale, Laura, Blindspot). I hope next season since they aren't setting up a new spinoff they can get focused and bring this show back strong. And, leave the FB story out if it no longer makes sense! I am enjoying this year's much more than last, but I hope they don't feel obligated to keep that going.

• Members

Yeah, I'm kind of over the crossover of villains between shows. I was thisclose to BEEheading the dumb BEEyotch that thought it was cute BEEing so punny every other word. BEEnough, FCOL.

I honestly don't even get what the backstory's supposed to accomplish anymore. The first couple seasons, when it was how Ollie grew from frat boy to master of the arrow, Slade, and even last season with Katana and her family---okay. But this seems really convoluted. Magic tattoos? Not really feeling it.

And I was really excited to see Neal McDonogh this season---and it seems like he's never on.

• Members

I would be happy, if I really believed the bitch was dead. I just couldn't be that lucky.

Maybe because last week's episode was so loopy, this one felt a little off. I felt like I stumbled into the second half of a two-parter. It seemed like everyone was extra amped up and their reactions were overkill. I mean, they hadn't mentioned Andy for weeks, aside from the last minute of last week, and suddenly Ollie's suspicious of him, and the next minute, Dig is threatening Ollie over it.

• Members

I would get why they might kill Laurel off---every story they try and write for her seems to go nowhere. She was an alcoholic for about five seconds, she nearly had a relationship with Brother Blood and Ted Gant---and she occasionally tries to be Ollie's sparring partner and ends up getting her ass kicked.

I still don't believe she's dead, and I read like two articles with TPTB moaning about how they'd miss Katie Cassidy and swearing this isn't a fake out.

• Administrator

Laurel's death was a bit weird.  We see Laurel tell Oliver that he must do this one thing for her, then it cuts to outside view of the hospital room so we don't hear what she told him, then the next scene is Laurel having the seizure.