The Following: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is an excellent show. I'm so glad that it isn't just another cop procedural. Instead, it's a fast-paced, suspenseful soap opera with plenty of character development. I absolutely adore Paul and Jacob and the dynamic they share with Emma, which is so odd considering what bad people they are. The cops are very inept, but I'm willing to overlook that because I enjoy the overall dynamic of the show.

• Administrator

Last night's episode was really good - Joe is free and has reunited with his son. I was wondering when Joe would escape and I'm glad it finally happen. Now the chase is really on. Man, Purefoy is so good in this role.

Happy about the renewal and glad next season will also be 15 episodes. 22 episodes can be too long for a serialized show.

I wonder what's going to happen with Bacon and Purefoy. Will Joe be on the loose for multiple seasons or are they gonna do a "Dexter" and have a villain-of-the-season? It should be interesting to see what happens during the last half of this season....it might end with the death of Joe or Ryan or both.

• Members

Hell yeah. When you have a serial killer in the trunk you have only one decision to make: should I set the care on fire or push it into the river?

When she opened up the trunk and let him out I finally realized that there is only one brain on the show for all the women to share and Emma has been holding it for six episodes.

• Members

Parker isn't smart, she's just slightly less stupid than Claire and Olivia. But honestly, my cat is less stupid that Claire and Olivia because my cat wouldn't even think of getting in a car with Joe Carroll or one of his followers.

I really need to see somebody win against Carroll and his cult. It doesn't have to be the FBI but this is the second episode where we've had a woman (first Megan, then Dana) escape the clutches of a follower only to be caught and dragged back. I need to see one person, any person, outwit/outsmart/outfight one of these lunatics. I love Bacon and Purefoy but the writing is pushing me away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Seems a lot of these Primetime shows that are filming in NYC (which are more than ever) have helped many of these former soap actors to stay relevant to acting. Been seeing alot more of them in Primetime shows recently as they choose to stay in NYC and not flee to Cali.

• Members

I don't know what was better---seeing someone off Pelphrey (whom I couldn't stand on GL) or seeing that crazy-assed mug shot of him with '70's Leif Garrett hair. I seriously busted a gut seeing that.

But yeah...I'm almost at the end of my rope with this show. It's way too tastelessly violent for me. Shock and gore doesn't distract me from the ludicrous-ness of the plot. It's one thing for Joe to have planted a nanny and neighbors. It's another to believe that not only has he planted multiple followers in key law enforcement areas but in Ryan's life as well.

I hope I can hang on til someone (hopefully) plugs or discredits Parker. I hate Annie Parisse.

• 1 month later...

Archived