Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

DAYS: May Discussion Thread

Days of Our Lives

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#1 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,405 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Posted Image

#2 Antoyne

Antoyne

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

All I care about is Lexie. Renee Jones, Joe Mascolo, and James Scott are breaking my heart. I prefer this humanized version of the DiMeras.

Edited by Antoyne, 01 May 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#3 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,720 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

Great banner!

All I care about is Lexie. Renee Jones, Joe Mascolo, and James Scott are breaking my heart. I prefer this humanized version of the DiMeras.

too bad it looks like we will be getting the cartoon version of Stefano this sweeps as well.

#4 Chris B

Chris B

Kylie!!

• Members
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

This month I plan on enjoying every moment I have with Carrie, Austin, Billie, Lexie, Kate, Sami, Lucas and Stefano. I don't expect much from the writers, but I hope I'm entertained. April was a very trying month as a DAYS fan.

#5 Sindacco

Sindacco

Contract

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

I prefer this humanized version of the DiMeras.

Compared to?

#6 beebs

beebs

Contract

• Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

Compared to?

Cartoon villain DiMeras. I have to admit, I'm also getting a bit weary of Stefano and Co. always getting away with everything. There's only so many times he can win before I tune out, and I nearly did after FauxRafe & The Endless Saga of the Cameo.

#7 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,720 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

Cartoon villain DiMeras. I have to admit, I'm also getting a bit weary of Stefano and Co. always getting away with everything. There's only so many times he can win before I tune out, and I nearly did after FauxRafe & The Endless Saga of the Cameo.

The Cameo! I will die if whats hidden inside the egg is another cameo, an exact replica of Fayes. That would mean that Stefano had a past with her and EJ and Taylor were switched at birth, hence making her Stefano's daughter. She (in the form of Tamara Braun) returns to get the other CAMEO and take her place in the family (replacing soon to be dead Lexie)

#8 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

ITA. And even with the Rafe2 crap they are the only family I have bought as a family unit on this show in years. The Brady's and Hortons really have ceased to be anything years ago sadly. And while I know many feel Renee Jones was wasted, I think she's played a very key role on Days as Lexie being the glue for the DiMeras. And I too am just not interested in Stefano as a cartoon villain anymore.this latest storyline reinforced that.

#9 darraholic

darraholic

Comin to snatch your babies.

• Members
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

I really think it's time to send the DiMera's out of town. Put more focus on the Kiriakis family as the bad guys or bring on a new family as the villains. Lexie & Tony were always my favorite DiMera family members. Chad & EJ don't cut it for me. The only way I'd accept the DiMera family staying as villains would be the return of Peter & Kristen. I highly doubt we'll ever see Peter again as long as Melissa Reeves is employeed. And I only want to see Eileen in the role of Kristen, so that's doubtful too.

#10 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,639 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

It's time to turn EJ into a supervillain. He needs to start kidnapping Sami. As for Chad, there wasn't any point of making him a Dimera. As for the Kiriakis family being bad guys, who's that going to be? It can't be Victor since his balls are now in Maggie's hands and all he can do now is peel potatoes for Maggie's cooking. But I'm all for Victor and Maggie getting a divorce and Victor starting to do bad things again. Justin I don't think is the type to be a villain. Brady as a villain? Not with Eric Martsolf in the role. Eric's best suited for the hero-good-guy-type. Philip's the only other option. They missed the boat by not cultivating any new villains, like Quinn who had potential as the young male villain, or Ian as the new older male villain, or Abby as the new young female villain. There should be more bad guys in town doing stuff.

#11 Antoyne

Antoyne

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

I'm really far behind but I'm watching Wednesday's shoe from last week...Again I have to say, this humanized DiMera family is where it's at. I've always loved Lexie with both EJ and Tony. This story is rough to watch in that good way I didn't think DAYS could still do.

#12 Sindacco

Sindacco

Contract

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

But the DiMeras being humanized is nothing new, that's what confuses me. They have always been comlex and had complex relations withitn the family. Being in cartoonish storylines is not the same thing as a character being cartoonish. The only time a DiMera was completely cartoonish was Andre in 2004-2005. Other then that, the DiMeras have always been a complex family, and sometimes they have been driving cartoonish stories.

#13 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,720 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Stefano cutting EJ off like that is pretty f-ed up. I hate this stupid and nonsensical twist

Eww to Lucas and Sami reunion. BTW her haircut stinks. Hate it and also hate him standing by Sami and turning on Kate

Kate and RomanPosted Image The last time I liked him was when he was married to her. Loved the flirtation between them and Id love it if he took an interest in her

Snoozeville is the bomb stuff. Dont care at all

I cant believe Billie hasnt interacted with Bo at all since her return. Would like to see Rinna and Reckell interact

#14 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

This sweeps is a snooze. This Stefano EJ twist and the scenes really did nothing for me. I can't even process any logic behind it.the safe house stuff is boring, Carrie is psychotic, Kate and her blue hair. Sami and Lucas are kind of cute but I keep feeling like I am watching a couple of teenagers when I watch them together. The Bo and Hope scenes with Bo talking about Zach were good. that's all I got.

#15 ReddFoxx

ReddFoxx

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

I felt like a laugh track should have been included in the safe house scenes, Carrie's reactions were funny to me for some reason.

Making EJ not a DiMera makes no sense.

#16 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,720 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

I felt like a laugh track should have been included in the safe house scenes, Carrie's reactions were funny to me for some reason.

Bitch is the only one that got fired and the only one that realizes she is most likely to die. :lol:

#17 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,720 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Cheap21, 03 May 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#18 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,771 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

More drunk faces from Will.

The picture of Muldoon and Koslow is cute (I guess they had more airtime there than they did together on the show).

Edited by CarlD2, 03 May 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#19 Michael

Michael

Mr. Bad Media Karma

• Members
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

This safehouse thing has worked for me, for the most part. There's legitimate suspense. It's kind of cracking me up, though, how Carrie is having a normal reaction (crying into the radio while she talks to Roman) while Marlena stands there GRINNING in the background.

The Cameo! I will die if whats hidden inside the egg is another cameo, an exact replica of Fayes. That would mean that Stefano had a past with her and EJ and Taylor were switched at birth, hence making her Stefano's daughter. She (in the form of Tamara Braun) returns to get the other CAMEO and take her place in the family (replacing soon to be dead Lexie)

A+

In my "dreams"!

#20 quartermainefan

quartermainefan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,379 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

I like cartoon Dimeras. There are enough normal villains on TV and not larger than life characters to go around, that Stefano and his super schemes are something practically unique in daytime except for when Helena Cassadine shows up for a day on GH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users