Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Y & R's Eric Braden: They're Replacing The Soaps With Crap!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 soapfave06

soapfave06

Contract

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

But at the same time, you hear stories of the stories and casting of every soap being messed up by the network themselves. How many characters left that benefited the shows and how many stories were told that were insulting and laughable and drove viewers out?

#22 JONNYSBRO

JONNYSBRO

Contract

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

I think Eric Braden is one of the biggest jerks IMO in this business. SOAPS ARE OVER DONE FOR. Its called the almighty dollar u moron. If he thinks SONY will pay him anything what he wants hes in pure delusion. Soap actors have zero zero clout anymore. A dead genre with no pull at all. He really is a delusional idiot.

#23 Khan

Khan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,131 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

"You got that?"

;)

#24 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,351 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

Does Sony handle the Y&R contracts? Ive always found it odd that they are usually huge, blown out, drama filled issues while Days is usually pretty easy.

#25 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

The thing that annoys me about Braden is that his ego and unwillingness to play Victor as the writing dictates has played a role in undermining Y&R's storytelling for many years.

Edited by Ann_SS, 17 April 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#26 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,351 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

The thing that annoys me about Braden is that his ego and unwillingness to play Victor as the writing dictates has played a role in undermining Y&R's storytelling for many years.

But Y&R allows, and even encourages it to an extent. Actors only have power because the show gives it to them.

#27 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,592 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

But Y&R allows, and even encourages it to an extent. Actors only have power because the show gives it to them.

So so truE but other than Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott too who else. The funny part is while Victor is the main antagonist on this show when Braeden was MIA for weeks I am not sure the show suffered but when MTS was gone you could definitely feel it. I think Y&R is a tad different because they seem willing to shell out money for out of work soap stars but grudgingly resign their one cast. Jess Walton is a perfect example.

Edited by JaneAusten, 17 April 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#28 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,351 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

So so truE but other than Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott too who else. The funny part is while Victor is the main antagonist on this show when Braeden was MIA for weeks I am not sure the show suffered but when MTS was gone you could definitely feel it. I think Y&R is a tad different because they seem willing to shell out money for out of work soap stars but grudgingly resign their one cast. Jess Walton is a perfect example.

Id be willing to bed that a lot of those out of work soap stars come at a much, much cheaper price than people thing. likely its much cheaper than someone who has been there 20+ years, despite various budget cuts.

Y&R is so awfuly managed tho, its quite sad.

#29 DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 14,206 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

So so truE but other than Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott too who else.

Jeanne, Joshua, Lauralee, St. Giggly & Aunt Jack.

#30 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

I agree with some of the stuff Braden says

Edited by frequentsoapfan, 17 April 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#31 kalbir

kalbir

Recurring

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

I've said this before, but Eric Braeden rules. I love how he keeps it real and takes no crap from anyone.

Sort of OT, but does anyone remember how EB was written off Y&R to accomodate his role in Titanic. I don't remember him missing a big chunk of episodes from Fall 1996 to Spring 1997, so maybe he pre-taped alot of scenes.

Edited by kalbir, 18 April 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#32 quartermainefan

quartermainefan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

I agree with some of the stuff Braden says

What he says is true. I do not think a single soap has been replaced by any show that even has a single merit. I am not interested in what Mrs CBS has to say on random topics and she being married to Mr CBS does not make what she has to say in any way interesting. Isn't there a Big Brother she has to host somewhere, preferably out of the country?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users