HBO: Girls

YRBB

• Members

And that, I must say, is the biggest sin of all. If you want to make a TV show (or film, or play, or novel, or whatever) featuring characters who are predominately or exclusively one ethnicity or another at the exclusion of all others, that's one thing. However, as Billy Wilder (who was a white filmmaker, yes, but who also was a smart filmmaker, if you ask me) once said: Never bore the audience. When you do that, you're done.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I did not want to get into another show, but since it's on between when I watch The Killing and Game of Thrones I was pulled in.

The actress playing Marnie is so [!@#$%^&*] beautiful. It kind of sickens me.

There are so many little things that made me fall in love with the show, like the appreciation for Cheese Strings. I mean, those are [!@#$%^&*] delicious.

I think the virgin is my favourite character, which is weird for me, because I hated her on The United States of Tara.

Oh, and Marnie should be happy about the latest developments, her boyfriend is an effing dickweed. Hannah did absolutely nothing wrong and if she's villainized for it, I'll be pissed. Though, I wonder if this will change of her opinion of him as it certainly wasn't boring for him to what he did. But still, what a passive-aggressive asswipe. Point for his body though, I didn't think it would be so nice. But most importantly, his !@#$%^&*] friends needs to die. He's horrible.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I gave the show another chance and fell in love with it. I don't quite now what to describe but there have been multiple moments where characters have said or done something that is completely relatable and feels very, very real. Dunno... some crazy shits starts happening. Halfway through the season and I'm very glad I'm trying it again.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Loved tonight's episode a lot.

Adam calling Ace a jambroni was hilarious. Especially because I can't stand Zachary Quinto even remotely. One of those actors I irrationally hate and it doesn't help that he is the least sympathetic actor no matter the character he is playing.

And Jessa's mini rant about Mimi Rose was on point. I do, however, think the Mimi character was quite fascinating. Gillian Jacobs was a great addition.

Most importantly, it is the best decision ever that Andrew Rannells is now a series regular. I'm pretty sure he's become my most favourite human. I'm obsessed! Tonight was no exception, "The gays in Michigan are probably awful. I imagine a lot of cargo pants." laugh.png

• Members

This season has been the best season out of all 4 dare I say it.

I hate Jessa so her versus Mimi Rose was a lose lose situation. I'm starting to hate Adam but if not for how hot he is.

Hannah's relationship with the student was disturbing and in real life I'd slap her silly if she ever caused my daughter to go thru pain like that.

• Members

I can't believe last nights episode was the season finale. I literally feel like nothing happened this season. Literally all of the characters feel like they are in the exact same place they were last season. This season was the most forgettable, of the series. Just literally nothing of consequence seemed to really happen this season outside of the Hannah-Adam break up.

I felt that way about the third season. I went in prepared to hate it but I ended up liking the developments and character work, which made me give the show a second chance after a pretty bleak first and mid second season impression. I think the Beach House episode is my favorite episode of the entire series.

Marnie, Jessa and Adam are the most interesting characters to me, and I even though I really dislike Lena Dunham, I find the perspective of the show to be incredibly refreshing and fulfilling. I wish Hannah had gone threw more self discovery and gone threw the Graduate school program. It was abandoned for to quickly and it was nice to see Hannah challenged and called on her [!@#$%^&*] for once.

Mimi Rose has been a unicorn of brightness this season. My only problem is that there wasn't enough of her. There was only 3-4 episodes and she really was a bright spot this season. Zachary Quinto was inconsequential, but I really loved Mimi.

Archived