Infamous/Unique Contract Clauses

• Members

Hmm.... wasn't she liked as Sarah on OLTL? And I thought her Marley on AW was good from what I saw.

I think she was just completely miscast as AW's Vicky and Anne Heche had played the role so well that she just couldn't measure up.

Keep in mind McTavish was writing GH at the time, and her work there was critically lambasted. Arguably moreso than her work on OLTL and AMC #3.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because I was interested (and because I actually remember some of this from back then) per the SOC website:

Here are JB's airdates on GH:

January 29, 2001 to February 25, 2002

Her last airdates on ATWT (which coincided with her first GH airdates):

January 31, 2001; February 1, 2001; February 5, 2001; February 14, 2001; February 19, 2001; February 20, 2001

And the temp actress who replaced her during the lawsuit from TeleVest/PGP and HER airdates:

Sharisse Baker-Bernard

February 6, 2001 to late-February 2001 [temporary replacement]

And the story about the lawsuit:

http://soapcentral.c...uchanansuit.php

What's happened to her since? Has she even acted since leaving GH? I think she lives with her family in Vermont now.

Yes she was. And she and Bo were quite popular as a couple. Granted, her sister Megan wound up more popular/well remembered, given that I don't think she was ever mentioned as much after her real death in 1992, even though Sarah Roberts was actually NAMED after her (and there are some who thought Grace Phillips was better as Sarah than JB), but she still had her fans on OLTL.

• Members

I was a Bo and Sarah fan back in the day, and she seemed to be well-liked in SOD when on OLTL. I think since Jessica Tuck was so successful outside of soaps, she is more remembered. Plus Megan was Viki's kid, and Sarah had an unimportant mother.

• Members

Most of GP's run was Sarah twitching and fiending all over the place. As soon as that stopped, she stopped getting airtime.

From what I've seen, Jensen was fine as Sarah, she worked very well with Jessica Tuck, and RSW - it wasn't easy for viewers to accept Bo with another woman, I'm sure, yet she made it seem easy. I also liked the Sarah/Megan relationship, and her work in the rape story.

• Members

Don't forget about Rosemary Prinz and AMC and how she would only agree to a six month stint on AMC if Anges Nixon gave her above-the-title billing in the opening and made her character Amy Tyler be against the Vietnam War.

• Members

As an interesting aside... Rosemary Prinz advised a young Susan Lucci not to stay on AMC for too long because spending too long on one show would hurt her career. Susan reminded her of that conversation at an AMC party in the 1980s, and they both had a good laugh over what turned out to be bad advice. :)

• Members

Ditto. She was not a memorable actress in my view. I loved that the Buchanans all adored Sarah and shunned Megan, then it turns out, Megan is actually related to them (well, Vicki at least)!

Jensen was so beautiful in her days at OLTL. Something about the preppy outfits, air of arrogance, and long flowing hair really suited her. She looked like a young Kim Novak.

Yes, I loved that story! That Rosemary immediatley saw Susan's potential and steered her away from Daytime. It is just a reminder that sometimes even the most well intentioned advice may not always be well worth following.

• Members

I liked Grace Phillips. But the bulk of my experience with Jensen Buchanan is at GH and AW, and uh, yeah. I understand Buchanan was miffed that Linda Gottlieb didn't know who she was when she stopped by the OLTL set in 1991 and thus refused to return to the role. Later, Bob Woods requested Sarah not be recast again when Phillips and Gottlieb finally parted company.

IIRC, the Melissa Bedford role on GH was, during either the final days of Guza 2000 or the brief Elizabeth Korte/Michele ValJean post-Guza interim, originally intended for Bobbie Eakes. She was going to be a psychiatrist and allegedly involved with Stefan or something. That obviously completely changed into a tailor-made role for a FOJ. Jill and Megan obviously believed Roy DiLucca and Melissa were the new GH supercouple, and they were forced onto the show in front and center roles and written and positioned so hamfistedly, just as Jill had done with couples and characters on OLTL. (Sadly, prior to Jill's arrival, A Martinez was actually doing good work as Roy with both Jackie Zeman and Genie Francis - allegedly his original intended love interest.) But GH was the flagship, and at GH Jill could not get away with it. The fall of the Roy/Melissa A-story was one of the first signals of the end of her brief reign, though the Angel mess came first. I couldn't stand Jensen Buchanan on the show, and I rejoiced in her departure.

• Members

I didn't know they planned on Roy/Laura. (I wonder if that would have led to more flashbacks of the back of Ahser Brauner's head.)

Didn't they keep saying that Bobbie looked just like Melissa (and then dropped this once Buchanan was cast)?

Archived