Unpopular Opinions on TV (Outside of Soaps)

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I must be the only gay male to not watch any of these reality TV shows where the women make fools of themselves.

The closest I come to seeing any of these pitiful ladies aforementioned is when Camille Grammer made an appearance on RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 5 two weeks ago.

Guess I have the missing gene for embarassing reality shows. Ha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is a confession, I can't help but watch episodes of the cheesy sitcom Small Wonder when I see them on you tube. It's so bad it's good.

I love classic TV. I have recently been watching 1969 episodes of Love American Style. It's a candy coated parade of ugly bed spreads, tacky kitchens, gaudy drapes, out dated hippie counter culture free love propaganda, and a parade of classic tv/movie stars most of whom are long forgotten. The show ran 1969-1974

There was a short lived revival of Love American Style in the 80's. I think it only lasted on season on the ABC daytime line up.

Imagine if they did a revival of this show today. They would have crazy guest stars such as Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan and Justin Timberlake and have episode titles such as Love and The Crack Pipe, Love And The Broken Rubber etc......

• Members

I hope that's not an unpopular opinion. I always found her annoying as hell too. I remember how she ruined The Starter Wife for me! The rest of the cast isn't any better. It doesn't help that the show sucks on paper.

I could never stand Morgan on Boy Meets World. The first actress was cute but not a very good child actress. The second actress who played her was grating the whole time.

Jason Marsden was hot, but I remember how bored I got with him playing the exact same character on Boy Meets World, Full House, and Step by Step (I think he was recurring on all 3 shows), among other things. Seems like a very limited actor.

Never got the appeal of Family Matters, or even Full House for that matter. Maybe it would have helped if I could block out godawful Steve Urkel and Kimmy Gibbler. Ugh!!!!!

• Members

Forgive me if this has been repeated but through the good and bad, I've loved Chuck and Blair on Gossip Girl and was thrilled with their predictable ending. Wasn't on the Dan / Blair train like so many were because while he was a change of pace, I know that he wouldn't have satisfied my girl long term.

Pretty Little Liars UOs:

1. I don't think that Aria/Ezra are the worst part of the show. They're just there like beige wallpaper - not enough for me to be disgusted over.

2. I don't think that Spencer's the best thing since sliced bread. Matter of fact, I think that she has zero charisma and quite plain in the looks department.

3. Since Toby has always creeped me out, I don't have any emotional attachment to the reveal that he's in cahoots with "A".

4. Caleb is the only PLL boyfriend that I like simply because he's the only one out of all the love interests that is easy on my eyes.

5. All of Emily's girlfriends have sucked in some way, which is why I've never been invested in her relationships.

• Members

I loved the first Morgan on BMW she was adorable hated the second one. She was obnoxious.

I'm searching for the appeal of The Lying Game. Every time I've watched an epi(and thanks to a marathon with a friend I saw the full first half of the season) the mystery doesn't appeal to me and the leads are all bland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

First half of the season is terrible. It was a chore to watch until Charisma Carpenter showed up, and even then it was only slightly better as it was just started to gain a focus. Since its return from their last break its been a much better show with the mysteries playing out and things happening (people finding out about the twins, other secrets coming out, new lies, the murder mystery, etc). But its very much a teen show, more so than even PLL

• 1 month later...
  • Members

While Plinko is an enjoyable game, it is far from my favorite pricing game on TPIR. (My favorites are Bonus Game and Shell Game.) I think the main reason why it is the most popular game amongst the general public is because of the potential for a big cash giveaway. For that reason, it is the game I would most want to play if I was a contestant.

Archived