Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ABC Cancels 'The Revolution,' Provides 'General Hospital' With Possible 50th Anniversary Celebration

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Disney/ABC Television GroupAs Soap Opera Network first reported on March 16, Deadline's Nellie Andreeva is reporting that ABC has officially canceled "The Revolution" and plans to slide "General Hospital" into the 2:00 PM ET/1:00 PM PT timeslot beginning Monday, September 10, the same day the network hands over the 3:00 PM ET/2:00 PM PT time period to affiliates. The news was later reported by The New York Times.

Read More

Posted · Report post

-So- glad that OLTL was cancelled for a show that was garbage and lasted for 6 months. Also beyond livid that ABC killed a well budgeted show that brought in the ratings it did with no promotion and will now put in its place a show overbudgeted that only exists based on the fumes of its overrated reputation from 1981 and Luke and Laura. I AM glad for the cast and crew, and that scripted drama still exists on ABC daytime. Frankly, I would bring back OLTL or AMC, and STILL cancel GH. Now you have something to promote. NOW you can bring some viewers in. It would be unprecedented. And it will never happen. But one can dream :) I will be honest that I have not watched one second of Valentini's/Carlivati's GH and have no plans to.

Posted · Report post

I find it interesting that the 'Revolution's' last air date show will be on July 6 -- which happens to be George W. Bush, our 43rd president's birthday.

The Revolution got its cancellation notice after only 86 days after it replaced a 43 year old soap.

'The Revolution' was ABC's big mistake

and need I remind all of you...George W. Bush was our big mistake that we had to endure for 8 years.

Either way, we all got screwed.

I certainly would love to know what Erika Slezak is thinking right now.

Posted · Report post

Poor OLTL :( Replaced by some sh-t that couldn't even last 6 months.

Posted · Report post

Lot of excitement over GH getting more life I see. I'm surprised at myself. I'm kind of pleased.

Posted · Report post

Poor OLTL sad.png Replaced by some sh-t that couldn't even last 6 months.

I know. It's bloody pathetic.

I'm happy for GH fans, though.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know. It's bloody pathetic.

I'm happy for GH fans, though.

I miss you and talking with you and everyone else about OLTL sad.png

Edited by Eric83

Posted · Report post

Well I'm glad GH will be at 2 now personally, as I honestly had nothing to watch after DAYS at 1 once OLTL went away.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0