Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

ABC Cancels 'The Revolution,' Provides 'General Hospital' With Possible 50th Anniversary Celebration

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Errol

Errol

Editor in Chief, Soap Opera Network

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Disney/ABC Television GroupAs Soap Opera Network first reported on March 16, Deadline's Nellie Andreeva is reporting that ABC has officially canceled "The Revolution" and plans to slide "General Hospital" into the 2:00 PM ET/1:00 PM PT timeslot beginning Monday, September 10, the same day the network hands over the 3:00 PM ET/2:00 PM PT time period to affiliates. The news was later reported by The New York Times.

Read More

#2 cityfan01

cityfan01

Recurring

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

hallelU!

#3 Llantano Incorporated

Llantano Incorporated

Contract

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

-So- glad that OLTL was cancelled for a show that was garbage and lasted for 6 months. Also beyond livid that ABC killed a well budgeted show that brought in the ratings it did with no promotion and will now put in its place a show overbudgeted that only exists based on the fumes of its overrated reputation from 1981 and Luke and Laura. I AM glad for the cast and crew, and that scripted drama still exists on ABC daytime. Frankly, I would bring back OLTL or AMC, and STILL cancel GH. Now you have something to promote. NOW you can bring some viewers in. It would be unprecedented. And it will never happen. But one can dream :) I will be honest that I have not watched one second of Valentini's/Carlivati's GH and have no plans to.

#4 edgeofnight

edgeofnight

Recurring

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

I find it interesting that the 'Revolution's' last air date show will be on July 6 -- which happens to be George W. Bush, our 43rd president's birthday.
The Revolution got its cancellation notice after only 86 days after it replaced a 43 year old soap.
'The Revolution' was ABC's big mistake
and need I remind all of you...George W. Bush was our big mistake that we had to endure for 8 years.
Either way, we all got screwed.

I certainly would love to know what Erika Slezak is thinking right now.

#5 Eric83

Eric83

SLAYONCE

• Members
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Poor OLTL :( Replaced by some sh-t that couldn't even last 6 months.

#6 rhinohide

rhinohide

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

Lot of excitement over GH getting more life I see. I'm surprised at myself. I'm kind of pleased.

#7 MontyB

MontyB

Telling it to you straight up and live!

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Poor OLTL Posted Image Replaced by some sh-t that couldn't even last 6 months.

I know. It's bloody pathetic.

I'm happy for GH fans, though.

#8 Eric83

Eric83

SLAYONCE

• Members
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

I know. It's bloody pathetic.

I'm happy for GH fans, though.

I miss you and talking with you and everyone else about OLTL Posted Image

Edited by Eric83, 12 April 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#9 Antoyne

Antoyne

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

Well I'm glad GH will be at 2 now personally, as I honestly had nothing to watch after DAYS at 1 once OLTL went away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users