Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Multiple Actors Fired in First Wave of Ousters Hitting 'Days of our Lives'

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Mitchell Haaseth/NBC(SoapOperaNetwork.com) – In an interview posted earlier today by TV Guide’s Michael Logan, it looked like Co-Executive Producer Greg Meng was alluding to the possible ouster of actress Sarah Brown when he stated “we also brought in the wonderful Sarah Brown [Madison James] and threw her into a lot of material very quickly. Maybe too much [...]

Read More

Posted · Report post

Not surprised.

Posted · Report post

And Galen Gering, Molly Burnett & Shawn Christian remain employed.

Posted · Report post

All excellent choices to be fired.

Posted · Report post

Very sad to see Jack go and Austin and Carrie. I may just let my show go. Tired of all these changes

Posted · Report post

I'm not really sad over any of them leaving. Carrie and Austin have been destroyed over their last two returns to the point where they are innocuous and unneeded. Same with Jack who only has impact in death rather then in life it seems. Sarah Brown just can't catch a break and neither can Brady under Eric. I say phase out Brady and Daniel as well you can't tell a difference when they are on or off anyway. The show also needs to make a choice in regards to keeping on Rafe (who was nuLucas anyway) or keeping Lucas you just don't need both of them. I would say to keep all the younger actors and actresses as the show hasn't felt like it has had a teen scene since the Phillip, Belle, Shawn, Mimi Days and to be honest it still doesn't. Days needs to establish new characters though.

Posted · Report post

So now how are they going to explain Jack's absense from his family?? This is beyond ridiculous! On the other hand Sarah Brown's character was a complete dude and not needed. I guess Drake and Deidre are next??

Posted · Report post

I'm not really sad over any of them leaving. Carrie and Austin have been destroyed over their last two returns to the point where they are innocuous and unneeded. Same with Jack who only has impact in death rather then in life it seems. Sarah Brown just can't catch a break and neither can Brady under Eric. I say phase out Brady and Daniel as well you can't tell a difference when they are on or off anyway. The show also needs to make a choice in regards to keeping on Rafe (who was nuLucas anyway) or keeping Lucas you just don't need both of them. I would say to keep all the younger actors and actresses as the show hasn't felt like it has had a teen scene since the Phillip, Belle, Shawn, Mimi Days and to be honest it still doesn't. Days needs to establish new characters though.

I don't think they should get rid of Brady - just bring back Chloe, and figure out how to write for him.

DAYS has leading men who are just so bogged down in story and tedious fanbase wars (Lucas, Rafe, EJ). Brady is an exception to that, so he should be used properly.

Posted · Report post

I still dont get why Galen Gerring is still on the show. He has to be one of the worst actors on daytime. Of course Days is known for keeping shitty actors like Drake....lol

Posted · Report post

I still dont get why Galen Gerring is still on the show. He has to be one of the worst actors on daytime. Of course Days is known for keeping shitty actors like Drake....lol

Rafe seems popular, at least compared to most of their new hires in recent years. Many fans hate him, but a lot of fans seem to like "Safe." Others seem to be OK with Nicole/Rafe.

Posted · Report post

This that damn Hernandez family! Hate GG and I hate Rafe. Actors like him are what gave DAYS the bad acting reputation

And Galen Gering, Molly Burnett & Shawn Christian remain employed.

I know it keeps pissing me of and preventing me from watching DAYS long term.

Posted · Report post

Rafe seems popular, at least compared to most of their new hires in recent years. Many fans hate him, but a lot of fans seem to like "Safe." Others seem to be OK with Nicole/Rafe.

I think he's ok. Not great. Days has only themselves to blame for catering to fan bases and that has not helped them one bit. For all the complaints about Higley and Tomlin, they didn't play fanbase war at least not like the show has done since the reboot. Rafe, Nicole, Brady are 3 characters in that age group fans seem to be open to see with anyone while EJ, Sami, Lucas all seem to generate the most inflexibility.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Rafe, Nicole, Brady are 3 characters in that age group fans seem to be open to see with anyone

That is because they have nothing to do and they have no role to play. They are fluid because they have no real purpose or steady characterization, they default to whoever has a primary focus of personality/character. Rafe works as the hero role because Sami/Carrie/Nicole need a hero, not because of anything specific to him necessarily. He would be less then useless without them in his story. Same with Brady who is only seen as good when you put him with a darker character to highlight his whiteness - i.e. Big bad Ian or big mean evil EJ. But then again Erica hasn't felt like Brady at all anyway. Nicole is very much the same, she bleeds into whatever she is around. None of these characters have any true identity to themselves and they change based on their surroundings more often then not. I wouldn't say that is a good thing. At least with Sami and EJ you know who they are even if the show desperately tries to enforce another view of them. You know who they are supposed to be. Same can't be said for that group, they change based on their settings.

Edited by Skin

Posted · Report post

I'd keep Carrie, except that would mean holding onto Christie Clark, and...well...I'd rather not. Austin, though, can leave, regardless of who's playing him.

And as for Jack...? Well, since DAYS such a bang-up job making Jack & Jennifer painful to watch, perhaps he can leave her behind & she can hook up wiith, oh, I don't know, Brady perhaps?

Posted · Report post

And as for Jack...? Well, since DAYS such a bang-up job making Jack & Jennifer painful to watch, perhaps he can leave her behind & she can hook up wiith, oh, I don't know, Brady perhaps?

I think I'd rather see Vivian/Brady :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0