Primetime General Hospital ???

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH could tap into its bench for actors who could handle this. They would need a known commodity like Emma Samms, Constance Towers covering head bitch duties, and they would need Luke and Laura. It will not work with Sonny and all the other regulars. No one is impressed by Maurice Benard and Steve Burton except the diehard.

• Members

The stories would have to have an element of being "Self-contained" to give them a more primetime feel. The episode needs to provide some level of pay-off, while building towards the larger story resolution that would happen at the end of the series of Primetime episodes, or back in daytime.

• Members

Wasn't the primetime ep of OLTL just a regular episode that they put on during primetime because it got bumped during the day? Or something like that. It involved Georgie Phillips, right?

ETA: Yeah it was this episode

I just can't remember the circumstances behind it. Dammit.

• Webmaster

IIRC it was a promoted primetime special airing on a Thursday night around the time of one of the soaps anniversaries.

The only soaps that I recall in my lifetime that ever aired in primetime were General Hospital, Days of our Lives, The Young and the Restless and Sunset Beach (maybe Passions?). I don't recall All My Children getting a special airing in primetime, at least not in the last 15-20 years.

Anyone know?

Archived