DAYS: Alice's Letter Revealed

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only reason to change EJ's paternity at this point is to up the emotional stakes in the Sami/EJ/Lucas triangle; and the only way to accomplish that, IMO, is to make EJ and Lucas half-brothers. So, either he's Kate's son (which would be all kinds of ick) or he's Bill Horton's.

Who knows? Maybe Kate Winograd truly exists. ;)

• Members

I don't get it either. It takes away so much power from the Stefano/EJ relationship to the point where it would be completely useless. EJ is Stefano's favorite son, we know that. He alone pretty much justified Stefano's credibility as a three dimensional character instead of as this floating head villain the show portrayed him as for years on end. It's stupid to change that just because they feel Lumi v. Ejami 5.0 needs a boost. James Scott should have just left if this is what they were going to give him.

It would also make her complicit in her sons almost death, at the hands of Sami.

It's dumb because it makes no sense. Wouldn't Caroline or someone remember this craziness. EJ is a DiMera. If they need to I guess they could change his maternity (even though that's still stupid) but don't change his paternity. It means too much to Stefano as a character to be his father.

• Members

The same thing could be said in reference to EJ. His entire characterization is based on him being a DiMera. It's not like he is John who has all of this blank history to write. Everything about the character is heavily centralized on him being Stefano's son and his "last hope" so to speak.

• Members

If Stefano is going and they want EJ to have a big crisis, I could see them changing the paternity, but why John or Hope? Do they ever get anything out of all these paternity changes? Think of the 50,000 with John.

Archived