ABC Renews GH

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I apologize for rudely touting my own horn, but I was one of the very few who predicted all along that GH would not be cancelled in 2012. However, my predictions have been wrong a fair number of times; for instance, I believed that ATWT would outlast GL by two years instead of one. (Toups and many others correctly predicted that ATWT was a goner the moment GL was cancelled.)

I certainly expect GH to be gone shortly after its 50th anniversary. ABC will have more time to find a replacement; if this "GMA in the Afternoon" show does reasonably well, then that may be what replaces it.

• Members

I thought OLTL had a pretty excellent finale, for the most part. The prison break was over the top nonsense, but it worked. Not every couple was one I wanted - John and Natalie, Clint and Viki's forced reunion (I'd have preferred they stayed with Kim and Charlie, respectively) - but people I cared about were happy, and the scenes and writing were heartfelt, and the cliffhanger provided a wonderful sense of a continuing, ongoing serialized world, which is the core of what daytime was about.

AMC I thought was doing well up to the last hour or so. The JR thing was so unnecessary, and frankly given the fact that Prospect Park had already lost interest in AMC, I found it cruel.

I'll enjoy whatever OLTLers I can get on GH. I do think this team cares about GH's history and fixing the show, and I think their hearts are often in the right place but their taste is often extremely questionable. The show's a lot more watchable to me than it was before February but I'm still only half-interested.

I'd also like to note again how much this articulates the profound error of cancelling OLTL.

Archived