ABC Renews GH

• Members

This is EXACTLY how I feel. MyGH died years ago. Frankly, I can't wait for the show to be cancelled and put out of it's misery. I had hope with Frank and Ron coming aboard but it's clear they know very little of GH history and the CarSaSonOLTLshow will continue to it's last episode. Not interested. Cancel it already.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think GH would take too much time to think about and repair. As soon as the OLTL additions came on to again drive story for the same people it wasn't going to be any different.

And I have become so anti buzz because the things people buzz about online don't ever translate to any increased viewers or real interest in the shows.it's just noisy people buzzing about their faves.

• Members

Probably true but Easton is a prime example. I have yet to see an example of where his arrival or presence actually helps improve ratings. All this Sam McBain buzz has led to nothing in terms of ratings primarily because that pairing was 10 years ago on a show that was cancelled that no one other than a few hundred people care about and mainly because John McBain represents nothing new on the show. Sam McBain is as dull as Sam Jason yet they have buzz all over the online community. And unlike OLTL, GH as a show isn't getting positive buzz.

• Members

If soaps were profitable it wouldnt be. The problem is no one in the current soap climate or at the networks knows how to go about making a soap and making it profitable enough. Andy Cohen whether one likes reality TV or not has come the closest with the Real Housewives franchise. But fresh blood is needed and until that happens you wont see it. Its not the fault of those involved today but you can't help but be influenced by the environment you grew up and learned in.

• Members

The funny thing is that GH got positive buzz AND higher ratings when Tristan Rogers and Emma Samms returned. But TPTB don't want to see that. This regime, like the previous regime, will produce the show THEY want to produce - not the show the fans want to see. And that is why this show will go off the air.

Archived