ABC Renews GH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember when we are all like :blink: at the thought of The Chew and GH working together against GAA? Apparently it is bc ABC News division would be getting all the money from this and it takes an hour away from ABC Daytime Division as well as budget from the division. Jamey from DC said Vicki Drummer is happy with GH right now but the show still isn't safe.

Also read a rumor that ABC will NOT pull GH before the anniversary. They will play that milestone up and if they can't get ratings up by then they will be canceled and GAA starts summer 2013. But take that with grain of salt. I can't see ABC being that generous.

• Members

Are these the same rumors that insisted OLTL would stay and AMC would go, because "Cartini" were just that awesome?

GH keeps losing viewers. If GMAA does anywhere close to that, then I don't see why they would keep a show that is now an albatross on their lineup.

• Members

Albatross is the best description. So tired of hearing about the Amazing Valentini who's really a hack! All they attribute to this clown is his ability to stay below budget. Of course he can when they go dark 2 1/2 weeks out of each month and cell phones are used for cameras. Below budget doesn't necessary mean cheap. I have yet to see accolades for his writing. Wish he and anyone else remotely related to OLTL would just go the [!@#$%^&*] away!

• Members

I don't think they are really losing viewers. GH has been staying steady in the 1.6-1.9 range for the most part since they took over with some gains and some losses but again it's been relatively stable. If that cuts it or not is an entirely different argument but they are by no means hemorrhaging viewers.

Archived