If you could go back in time and rewatch one storyline from beginning to end...

• Members

It took me a while to think of one for my beloved All My Children but it finally came to me: Palmer blackmailing Natalie over Silver's death. I was pretty young at the time of that story and all I really remember from it is that Palmer had a tape (which I now know - thanks to some of the human AMC encyclopedias on this board- proved that Natalie killed Silver) hidden in a giant globe in the main room at Cortlandt Manor and every episode (or so it seemed at the time), when he was alone in the room, he would get up from his leather chair, walk over to the globe, open it up, take the tape out and grin devilishly as he played it. At the time I didn't understand what was on the tape or who it had to do with, but I was front and centre in front of the TV every day waiting for Palmer to walk over to that globe. So that's the AMC story I would love to see again, this time actually knowing the significance of things.

The other two stories that came to mind are the Loving murders and all of Tracy's run The City. I only got to see the first five or so minutes of Loving and The City each day before I had to start walking back to school for the afternoon (if it was a particularly interesting episode I would put off my departure as long as absolutely possibly and then RAN like hell to get back to school on time (exercise which would make up for my summer of mostly sitting inside watching soaps!). Cosequently I had to primarily follow the Loving murders and the entire run of The City via the weekly synopses that appeared in the Montreal Gazette each Saturday. Would love to actually watch what I read about. There is a lot from both stories on youtube but not all of them.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me, Sheila's entrance into The Bold and the Beautiful through worming her way into the Forrester family, being kicked to the curb and then coming completely unwound by holding the whole family hostage. I loved most of the early to mid 90s on this show, warts and all but that story entwined with the BeLiEF story where Brooke took over Forrester Creations was just soap gold. There was a large cast of disparate characters who all seemed to interact at one point or another and Sheila was a huge catalyst across pretty much every major story.

• Members

They also have the scenes where Clay and Curtis were killed, and the aftermath of Isabelle and Cabot dying. Still, I wish there was more. I have the episode where they had a town meeting and Gwyn and Ally nearly died from carbon monoxide poisoning, but have no idea how to upload...

• Members

All of DAYS from 1995 through the first half of 1997. Everything from the possession, Aremid, Lady In A Cage, Paris, Bo & Hope, Carrie/Austin/Sami, all of it. And if I had the chance to watch stuff I never saw originally, I'd say DAYS 1993-1994 so I could see all of Maison Blanche, Hope returning, Carrie/Austin/Sami, John & Marlena's affair, Carly/Bo/Lawrence/Vivian, the general transition the show took in 1993, Stefano & Tony's returns, etc. etc. and so forth. I'd love it if they reran DAYS from it's beginning and up until the late 90's. Too bad SoapNet never truly utilized what they have at their disposal.

For GL, I'd also say all of 1997 and up thru early 1999.

• Members

I would LOVE to see the Olivia/Nathan/Keesha/Malcolm/Drucilla/Neil HIV/AIDS storyline from 95-96. I want to see this from the very beginning starting with Keesha and Nathan's affair. IMO, this is one of Y&R's best storylines of all time. There had never been anything like it before on daytime and it is even more prevalent today in the African-American community, except Keesha would probably be a man if the story were told today.

The acting was top-notch, the pacing was excellent. This was truly Bill Bell at his best! This is also probably the best "black" storyline ever on daytime along with Angie and Jesse's epic romance.

I was watching some clips of the storyline on youtube last week and how Tonya Lee Williams didn't get an Emmy in '96 is beyond me! Her reaction to being told about the affair and her confrontation with Keesha are the types of intense and reactionary scenes that soaps just don't do anymore. Sadly, the culmination of storylines these days just don't lead to those type of memorable soap moments any longer.

• Members

That was a great story (even if they totally destroyed Nathan). That was also one of the times we truly got to see the love between Olivia and Dru, whereas so often starting around this time, the story was just Olivia hectoring Dru and siding with Neil.

I love the scenes where Nathan comes by and Dru won't let him in and she tears into him.

I'd also like to see all of the Cassandra story. I saw the climax with the hot ice gun - it's one of the reasons I got into Y&R.

• Members

Out of ones I got to see when they aired, it would have to be AMC's whole crazy Destiny on the Danube story--partly because so little is online. I just loved it so much as a kid and it really cemented my new found love for the soap.

Out of stories that I DIDN'T get to see the first time around... ugh there are just too many. Really I guess I'd especially like to see more of Nixon's Another World than those two episodes, as well as any major chunk of back to back episodes from the first 8 years or so of One life and the first 7 or so of AMC. Oh and more of the first year or two of Loving--there's just next to nothing from that era--we actually are pretty lucky to have on Youtube the ABC soap stuff from the 80s we have, though of course I'd like more, but I feel like I have much more of a sense of the shows then.

I have most of the Loving murders on video but I admit thequality kinda sucks... (and it's about 8 videos taped at the poor quality speed). Still, they really are what I should work on digitizing next, when I have some time in two weeks and my semester is done.

I do have the last four months of The City, when really ti was at its best (even with some lame characters like Tony)--with some brilliant Tracy moments in much better quality (because I recorded them myself) that I also wanna convert next.

• Members

Hmmmm...maybe the Ice Princess storyline on GH? People tend to remember only the cheesy ending in September 1981but forget that the IP storyline started in late 1980 with the arrival of Alexandria Quartermaine, and had a fairly well plotted and suspensful build up involving many characters for 10 months. Even my 16 year old self rolled his eyes at the freezing of Port Charles, but the story in its entirety was so good, IMO, that I can forgive the weak ending.

Archived