Y&R: Jess Walton's former home for sale

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Asking price, 1,325,000$. Once again, such a shame that a home that must have once been beautiful is ruined by tasteless "updating". All of those beautiful exposed beams covered with white PAINT. It has a great, interesting design... but it's decorated atrociously as well. the landscaping is ok, except it needs some color. At least it's planted to look lush, and things are placed in a naturalistic formation. It's unusual to see grass that close to the pool, one has a VERY hard time trying to mow, and especially edge the lawn area without getting clippings in the pool. It's got to be one of the ugliest kitchens I've ever laid eyes on. I however think the master bath is lovely, it's the only thing I like about the inside. what possesed her to paint the exterior the color of diarrhea is beyond me. Ochre tones are very touchy, they can look good as accent, but the wrong shade just makes it look like youv'e opened up a baby's diaper. And in the bedroom... who in their right mind plops a television set in the corner of the room like that with those corner panoramic windows? The television set should have been mounted in an armoire or on the wall to the left of windows, and the bed on the opposite wall facing the left bank of windows.

• Members

It is a HECK of a low price. I was surprised myself, that's almost in line with what houses like that would cost around here... not quite, but close. She must really want to unload it, or the market out there is really depressed, one of the two.

• Members

The furniture looks like the stuff realtors bring in to stage homes for sale. The seating area next to the kitchen is especially bad because it all looks like a doctor's waiting room.

The kitchen is a disaster, obviously built for a non-cook. The pool would be great for someone who doesn't swim.

The view is wonderful and the house takes full advantage of it.

• Members

I don't like the interior decor of that house, the colors are blah. It is way too personalized to be put on a tough housing market. The kitchen is a nightmare. I can't believe that a house that large could have such a small kitchen. I should have been remodeled long before being put on the market. Oh well, the price will be good for some people.

• Members

Apparently it already sold back in November, and the listing is just still up on youtube. It was built in 1949. And soapboy... yes, she lived there until she moved to Oregon full time, so she was the one selling this time. I guess they made money on it, because it says they paid 889,000 for it back in 2002.

Archived