Y&R April Discussion

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do I feel like Morrow is being even more insensitive than usual there?

OTOH, perhaps Victoria will die (yeah, right) and Nick will be so distraught that he develops a split personality in order to keep his sister "alive."

• Members

I'm actually starting to really like Genevieve. I've always liked her, but she's actually starting to gel well with the rest of the cast. She's the perfect outcast type. She knows how to play the game, and it's nice to see a woman that strong.

• Members

I'm not sure if being too stupid to know how to run a company and then whoring herself out to Victor because her feelings are hurt is strong.

Genie Francis acting like a middle-aged version of her 1977 self does not help.

• Members

I'm actually embarrassed for Genie. I know they've morphed the character like a zillion times, but even the warmth she had as Laura is not translating on screen on Y&R. Just another indicator how vapid, empty, and cold the show has become and highlights like any other mediocre actor she needs good writing.

• Members

I disagree. I like Genie's Genevieve now and I hated her when she first came on and mauled Colin's face. I do think she is strong-but-vulnerable. She's had some knocks but she's pulled herself back up. She landed the prize that everybody seemingly wants (BoN) and has played that power game perfectly. So now she's Victor's chewtoy but that was bound to happen because on this Y&R, Victor Must Win at All Costs. She was bound to kneel eventually -- everybody else has.

And Victor/GeneV/Jack/Nikki is a damn sight more entertaining than any other story on the show, with the possible exception of Adam and Chelsea, even though it is sooo contrived. Everything else is so boring.

Also: did Black Widow drop out of The Avengers? Is there an audition for Wizard of Oz and the Wicked Witch of the West that I don't know about? Because Phyllis in that black cape... good grief. She looked like a bat.

• Members

I think she's had her eye on Victor for some time. Yes, Jack rejected her and she's hurt, but she knew that waving BoN in his face was no way to get his undying love. Jack only likes women who are subservient to him so that he can play hero.

She went to Victor's room and came on to him (well, they came on to each other). I think she is done with Jack to be honest. Her eye is on the prize -- running BoN and having Victor as her big-money protector. Not saying this is some big feminist move, because it isn't. It is what it is. Does GeneV have self-esteem issues? Sure. And BON is the only thing that makes her feel powerful and worthy. Without it, nobody would give her the time of day in GC. She knows it and we the audience know it. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the way this character has played all the men on this show in a business context and still ends up with a job at BoN. Good for her. This Victor thing is an added extra for her and I like how she is playing all this for what it is (she was lonely and needed to lick her wounds) and not how Victor is the man of her dreams.

Archived