Y&R April Discussion

• Members

According to Emily Post the new baby would be called John Abbott II

"A man with the same name as his father uses "Jr. after his name as long as his father is alive. He may either drop the suffix after his father's death or, if he prefers, retain it so that he won't be confused with his late father.

• When a man is named after his father who is a "Jr.," he is called "the third," once written with either the numeric 3rd or the Roman numeral III but now confined almost exclusively to the latter.
    • A man named after his grandfather, uncle, or cousin uses the suffix II.
      • (The wife of each of these men uses the same suffix after her name as her husband does.)

[*]In writing, a comma is used to separate the surname and the suffixes Jr. and Sr., though the trend is now toward dropping the comma. Junior when spelled out, is written with a lower case j.

[*]When a name has a numeral suffix--as in Robert Conner III--no punctuation is used."

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're remembering right, Neil started drinking due to Ryan's death initially, then Malcolm's 'death' sure didn't help matters. He hasn't fallen off the wagon since then. Rewriting Neil's drunken past was so not necessary. TIIC can't push Neil's pairings without somehow mentioning Dru and its so tiresome. Also, I don't see sparks between Neil and Harmony but their scenes are more watchable than Neil and Sofia.

Speaking of steady using someone's name, so Shick selects a scent cause it smells like the bubble bath Cassie used to use. How damn lame. I guess that was for the Shick fans but they bore me working on whatever the hell it is. I do like Adam and Chelsea though. She should've kept her baby. I'm sick of baby rabies Victoria. I'm no fan of AH's version but its a damn shame Victoria Newman is stuck on babies, anybody's baby.

So looks like they dropped Abby wanting Devon, not that I'm disappointed. I didn't mind Abby and Carmine. He's a beefy macho jerk but given how dull I find Kevin, Daniel, Ricky,etc...Carmine being a jerkwad is actually okay with me. Plus, he looks like good sex scene material and this age bracket needs that imo. There's too many asexual, sex appeal lacking folks in this bunch. Carmine will bed Abby and Chloe for starters I presume. Eden looked like she wanted a piece too.

• Members

I clearly remember Abby talking to Ashley and Tucker about how great Devon is and right then she got this epiphany and after she left the room, she started blushing. Plus there was a scene at the coffee shop where Abby was gonna tell Devon how she felt but Roxy came up to surprise Devon cause she had been out of town (as usual). Abby left it alone at that point. I think the writers were toying with Abby/Devon but since MR came back from maternity leave, I no longer get that impression. They no longer interact either.

• Members

That was the best AH has been in years. I loved the look on her face when Chelsea spit out the truth! Also, love Jack/Nikki. And can definitely handle Gen/Victor. Why not mix it up? So Michael/Avery will grow closer with Daniel's case and clearly Lauren and Michael are going to have a big riff over Daisy. Will be interesting how Phyllis handles Michael/Avery.

• Members

Okay, that makes better sense, but that is still not spiraling out of control like he made it sound. Maria doesn't like to be reminded of Bell's or Alden's stories so it's not surprising she would go back to the woman who destroyed the show as much as she is destroying it now for inspiration. At least shes HONORING HISTORY somewhere. :D

Archived