Y&R April Discussion

233 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I actually like Jeffery/Anita/Chelsea's story so far.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Though I don't like Jeffrey or Anita, I really do enjoy the character of Chelsea.

I think that Sarge is another great character. It is a nice change to see a soap tackle socially relevant storylines--like alcoholism and paralysis--without playing them for cheap laughs (e.g., Jess/Tess/Wes/Bess).

Edited by Max

Posted · Report post

Y&R played up Billy's alcoholism as haha time for years - even when he almost dropped his young daughter on the floor, we were supposed to chuckle.

Posted · Report post

Y&R played up Billy's alcoholism as haha time for years - even when he almost dropped his young daughter on the floor, we were supposed to chuckle.

Last year he was drunk and living in a trailer

Posted · Report post

Last year he was drunk and living in a trailer

That happens yearly. :lol:

Posted · Report post

That happens yearly. laugh.png

Billy and Chloe be acting ghetto as hell. When Chloe was talknig about taking out her earings and beating a bitch( Chelsea) I was done!

Posted · Report post

Genvieve needs a haircut. This current look is really aging Genie. She and Stephen Nichols are supposed to be playing contemporaries, not mother/son.

Posted · Report post

I don't think she looks like Nichols' mother. He looks like a slightly cleaned up version of Jason Robards in Melvin and Howard.

Posted · Report post

I think they are making a big mistake trying to tranform sassy Ms. Black America Harmony into another Dru. I can get with the hats but if they plan on putting her with Neil they lost me for good. & this after I came back for BJ for getting a storyline of his own.

Posted · Report post

I think they are making a big mistake trying to tranform sassy Ms. Black America Harmony into another Dru. I can get with the hats but if they plan on putting her with Neil they lost me for good. & this after I came back for BJ for getting a storyline of his own.

Both the writers and DM need to soften the character quite a bit. I know DM wanted the character to be the complete opposite of Angie but I havent enjoyed her since the AA meetings scenes.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Both the writers and DM need to soften the character quite a bit. I know DM wanted the character to be the complete opposite of Angie but I havent enjoyed her since the AA meetings scenes.

I actually don't have a problem with her performances. She act different when she around certain people. My problem is they trying & they think they finally got their Dru through DM/Harmony with the hats & they might be pairing her with Neil. & it's not true they got their Dru out of Harmony, & if other people who think like me, we're going to be turn off.

Edited by MoTheGreat

Posted · Report post

mad.gif Just once, I wish someone would take Victor's pointy finger and bent it backwards!!

2hwd8gw.jpg

Posted · Report post

I am loving Lily's white dress on today's show. The long-sleeve dress is quite sophisticated, a trend I hope that continues.

Posted · Report post

I would love if they pronounced Genevieve's name with the french pronunciation: zhan-vee-EV; it would make her sound so much more sophisticated.

I noticed Genie's diction is changing. Her octave is getting higher and sweeter again. She is not speaking from her gut as much anymore.